Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #37 - assorted for Tuesday August 11 2015


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #37 - assorted for Tuesday August 11 2015

Hi Mom,

Today is dedicated to assorted stuff, much like our phone calls always are. Just catching you up on what's going on with me. I love this picture, above, of you and me. Dad sent it to me originally claiming it was taken at Pinkster's on Pine Lake. But first off, I doubted that you EVER dressed in that special yellow sun top (it's terry cloth, right?) at the Pinkster's summer office party. Secondly, I do not remember playing in a row boat there, and lastly, the shore beyond definitely looks exactly like the point just beyond our beach at the Traverse City house on Long Lake. Upon review, Dad agreed that it was indeed a photo from Long Lake.

Do you think you were about to get in the boat, Mom?

Was this to be a boat ride with just you and me?

I have good memories of you wearing that yellow sun robe or whatever you called it.

Dad reminded me of a great memory of that spot on Long Lake. I would wear a life preserver and he would tow me as he swam us over to that point. There was a drop off of about 20 feet beyond the sandbar that the point forms. We would skim for Petoskey stones, and when I was older, we would snorkle and dive down and down that drop off. I never swam to the bottom of it, so the 20 feet thing is a guess. Too dark. Too cold.

Things are just okay. I have taken to telling people that things are just okay, or I am just all right but not great. I usually tell people I am great, but I have not felt "great" lately.

I have final grades due this week for CTU.

I laid out at Ultimate last night. I dove for the disc and caught it pancake style in mid-air. I am proud. Can you tell?

I have been struggling lately. For days, I operated as if on the verge of tears. I have some friends who have lost parents. I feel I need to talk with them and gain some perspective.

Liesel just called. She is leasing a car.

I am grading and doing laundry. I should be in my Calculus class, but I am skipping today because I have applied for a hardship withdrawal. I told you about the Calculus class in Hey, Mom! # 10. It has become abundantly clear that I cannot pass, and so I have requested a hardship withdrawal, which is not something I knew existed until yesterday.

Here's what I wrote on my test #3 last week (on August Fourth = 1508.04) in lieu of attempting any of the problems:

Dr. Freudenberg, You are an excellent instructor. I appreciate such excellence in instruction as I am an instructor myself. I want you to know that I am learning some of this math, but it's quite an uphill climb for me.
I will make this one easy for you as I don't wish to waste your time.
Just give me a zero.
My mother died one month ago today. 
I am off to a conference this week and just in no way able to even attempt most of this math. But give it back to me in class, and I will use it to study for the final exam.
With respect, - chris tower
Work, work, working happening. More tomorrow.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 38 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.11 - 19:18 & 1508.12 - 20:00

No comments: