Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #44 - Satchel dislikes the stereo

Satchel upset by music new stereo VictoriaLand 1508.03

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #44 - Satchel dislikes the stereo


Hi Mom,

The picture above is from a couple of weeks ago when I first tried to assemble our stereo and played the Cocteau Twins thinking the puppy would like it. Her did not. (Yes, I know that's not grammatically correct usage of her.)

I just finished assembling our new stereo on our new audio-visual rack built by your hubbie, my Dad, the RBT, or as I call him, the Big Guy, BG, Beej.

Here, you can see the turn table on top. I was planning to use my old turn table, but I ended using this one that Liesel gave me so I can import LP music digitally.
second new Polk tall speaker

More on that below.

On top in the back right corner, you can see the Monty Python Flying Circus set and in front of that the game with the two rods and the steel ball. FUN.

On the next shelf down the new receiver, next the cable box and streaming player (hidden), next the five cd changer, next the tape deck that doesn't work, and I am going to remove, and below that actual LPs. You can also see CDs scattered about. You can see one of the two Polk tall speakers next to the cabinet on the left.

Below are the two book shelf speakers, also Polk, but they may not stay on top of the TV, though this does not bother me.






Satchel does not like the new stereo. When I play it, her goes into the bedroom or outside, Whatever her can do to get as far away from it as possible.

Her really does not like it. We like to use "her" when we would use "she." Liesel started this usage.

Her really, really does not like it.


I want to import sound from LPs like this one digitally, but I can just as easily hook up my lap top to the turntable out in the living room as in my office. MORE easily, actually.

I had Liesel gift me this album a few years ago. I have three cassettes of it. I recorded the first from a girl named Jennifer Farrington, whom I took to see the 10,000 Maniacs & REM concert in 1987.

I had to have this album ordered from Europe. It's extremely rare. It's kind of 1960s-esque soundtrack type jazz-pop.



















Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 45 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.18 - 20:43

No comments: