Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, August 21, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #47 - Hardship withdrawal


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #47 - Hardship withdrawal

Hi Mom,

Pictured above are some of my books (well, one and some supplies) for next term at WMU. I was in the bookstore buying them and riding my bike on campus just as I would have been finishing my Calculus final exam, but I applied for a hardship withdrawal two weeks ago. I will find out if I get it next term, though I will be surprised if I am not granted the withdrawal.

It has been a hardship being without you, Mom.

It has been worse trying to get used to being without you. And when I write  "being without you," I mean in physical space, in the sense of you being alive. Because I do feel you with me all the time. I feel your presence. I hear your voice.

I miss you a lot today. But then, I miss you a lot every day, so it's notable when I miss you more on one day than another. I miss giving you kisses. I miss the sound of your voice. Yes, I know I just wrote that I can hear your voice. I can, and I cannot, like how lights is particles and it is waves.

It's a theme on this blog. I could do a daily reflection on how much I miss and in new ways to describe missing you, and it would still not be enough.

Today's theme is "hardship withdrawal," which sums up the feeling quite nicely. It would also make a good band name: The Hardship Withdrawal.

In your honor, I am just consumed two dark chocolate mints.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 48 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.21 - 19:29

No comments: