Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #39 - the office and grading Hell



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #39 - the office and grading Hell

Hi Mom,

I have been doing final grades for my main school, or as I like to call it "Grading Hell."

I would like to say my office is extra out of control because of Grading Hell, and it is more cluttered, but it's been like this for quite some time. I do need to tidy up. It's out of control. In fact, I have had a re-design plan for two years and just have not taken the time to implement it, Maybe next week.

The photo at the top gives a panoramic view of my office during Grading Hell day, even though my computer is doing Windows updates. Annoying. See the yogurt with the spoon in it the foreground. Yes, I was eating. No, that had not sat there more than a few minutes. I do not leave "trash" lying about, though some may disagree depending on one's definition of "trash."

One another thing worthy of note: I have a new fan set up just the other side of the second monitor, which is dark, and in front of the wall calendar. I like blowing around a lot of air. I wish I felt like running those fans (there's two others, one hidden on the left side of the desk, and one visible under the window) year around.

Mom, I wanted to show you pictures of my office. You can probably see it better in pictures than when I tried to wheel you in here. It's a small room. The Tower room at the West Gull Lake Drive house (where I last had my office) was much bigger. Though you did not see that room when we (Liesel and the kids) lived there as we couldn't get you up those stairs.

As you can see from the first photo (up right), my speakers are in my office because Liesel thinks they're ugly. Stacked on top of them are magic books and a magazine (entitled Magic, cleverly). I will be delving into those as I continue to renew my interest in magic. Next to the speakers is a bin in which I supposedly organize bills, but actually the current bills are stacked on my desk. But you can see Hong Kong Fooey propped up there as I like to look at him. Below the bin is the cool Hawkman from Kingdom Come sitting on top of a stack of recently read books. You can see that the top one is The Martian as I recently lent it to Dad and he just returned it.

In the picture on the left, you can see some really messy stacks that need culling out. I need some way to store hats that allows them to be easy to get to and SEEN. I have this thing about seeing my things so I know what I have. I would be happy living in a small museum in which everything in my life is on display. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

The Museum of Chris Tower. This thought is helping with my depression, which I will write about in tomorrow's blog entry. YES, I AM PREDICTING THE FUTURE. NO, IT'S NOT ALREADY TOMORROW AS I TYPE THIS... okay, yes, it is, but go with it. It's funny.

You cannot really see them in the picture, but there are some books above grief under those pens in the foremost stack. Such is how I have progressed in working through grief: books in a stack.

What to say about the photo below.... oh boy. Scroll down...


See? There's that stack of bills in foreground left. I cannot even begin to easily (because I could do it) describe everything in the photo. Do you like that Liesel's picture is dead center?

There's the Fakini Balls I bought at Abbott's, manipulation of which is helping with my tendinitis (x-rays of my hand did NOT show arthritis).

On the right, you can see my to-do list, that thing on the clipboard oriented horizontally. Yes, that's actually a to-do list. And the bottom right corner of the list is where the grade items are waiting to be crossed off.


Here's another view of the desk on the right side where you can see my calendar and a new Tigers phone case and one of my favorite pictures of you, Mom.

I am also quite fond of my Vision and Sleestak bobble heads that watch me work.

I know you are interested, Mom, as I have shown you pictures before (this is how I solved the inability to do a full tour thing), and I hope that a few readers had a glimpse in here. I am fascinated by work process and today I shared a glimpse of it.

That's all for now.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.
Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 40 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.13 - 20:00 and 1508.14 20:00
and 1508.15 7:16

No comments: