Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #48 - Kalamazoo County Fair 2015



Me and Mom at Kalamazoo County Fair August 6, 2014
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #48 - Kalamazoo County Fair 2015

Hi Mom,

We went to the Kalamazoo County Fair last week, but we could not remember if you came with us last year. Dad went hunting and found the picture above, which I identified using my calendar was taken on August 6th, just a few days before you went into the hospital with infected kidney stones on the night of August 12th. You had a long road before you were home. After leaving Bronson and going to the Laurels in Galesburg (then back to Bronson and then back to the Laurels), you managed to get home before your birthday, just shy of two months total time between hospitals and nursing homes.

I knew you must have gone to the fair last year as it was the only way you could have met my friend Cassie Markwardt, with whom I am posing here during this year's fair when Dad, Noel, and I all went on August 12th. I then went back the morning of August 14th to see the magic show of Alan Kazam, pictured here.

Anyway, you may remember meeting Cassie because she runs a pizza business with her partner called Camzies Pizza. Cassie is a true sweetheart, and I am so glad to know her. I am also glad that you got to meet her last year as her loving energy was surely beneficial.

There are so many of these things that I will do this year that will make me think of you, Mom. I am sure this blog will be over-filled with the same theme of missing you and doing things that make me think of you.

You loved the fair so much, seeing the kids, the animals, the lights. And then we would get you an elephant ear, which is something you WOULD NOT have eaten prior to the meningitis. Or if you did try, you would not have finished it. I considered having an elephant ear in your honor, but I did not. I did have this, seen below, after the magic show on Friday. I had pizza and steak tips on Wednesday with Noel and Dad.



I am re-discovering magic, which I was just beginning to do the last two years in a very limited way.

I even have begun to think about doing a couple of shows. This would be a very targeted thing, in which I might volunteer my time to perform at a school and/or in the children's ward of the hospital on Christmas Day. I am sure I can find the time to do the actual show or shows, but I am not sure if I can devote the time to practice to prepare (even adequately) as well as handling the stress that would come with performing magic for the first time in over ten years.

Here's pictures of Alan Kazam levitating a member of the audience and his pre-show set up.

He needed a microphone stand or head set.

He's a nice guy. I spoke to him after the show. We're Facebook friends. I took the boy across the street and our whole family to magic Spooktacular that he hosted at the State Theatre back in 2011, just after we moved in the St. Antoine house. Sadly, he cannot produce the Spooktacular anymore. I wish I had volunteer hours to spare. I would organize and run it if I had the time.




Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 49 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.22 - 20:26 and again 1508.23 - 9:50

No comments: