Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, September 28, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #84 - Letting Go-part one


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #84 - Letting Go-part one

For those who need the story on THE SHIRT in the photo above, please click the link here:
THE SHIRT.

Hi Mom,

I was already planning to do a blog post on letting go as I continue to think about my Mom's stuff and going through some of it Saturday (two days ago). And then I called my Dad.

Yesterday, my Dad told me he could not take Mom's thing to the church rummage sale and that he would have to get someone else to do it.

Early in our conversation today, I told him I was having a rough time with the thought of her stuff leaving the house, and I was fighting the urge to come back to get more things: clothing, jewelry, things she loved. I have no use for her fleece pull over with the polar bears, but the thought of it leaving the house makes me very sad, and it makes me want to hold on, to clutch the shirt, or her sun catchers, and to not let go.

And then Dad told me he had been thinking about it, too, having the same feelings, and he decided, just this morning, not to have her things taken to the rummage sale. It was important for him to have the things taken down stairs, so that he did not have to look at them every day. But now, he wants to keep them in the house and not part with them, and I am so relieved to learn this.

And so, today's entry that was going to be about letting go, and how we need to let go. And now we all acknowledge that we are not ready to let go of some things, and we know the letting go will happen in stages, a piece at a time.

And so, there's a picture of the shirt I had made for you, Mom. It's hanging in my closet. I give it a kiss every day. Maybe that's a weird thing to do, but it comforts me and that's really all that matters.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 86 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1509.28 - 19:36

No comments: