Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #70 - IOU a trip to the mall



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #70 - IOU a trip to the mall

Hi Mom,

I owe you a trip to the mall. Not the mall in the picture above. The mall in the picture no longer exists, at least not in this form.

On Mother's Day this year (2015), I gave you an IOU for a trip to Crossroads mall and an afternoon of shopping and treats. I knew it would have to wait until summer as Liesel and I were leaving for Scotland and with work and all, I would not be able to fit until early July, right around the time you died.

Once again, Mom, your timing was very good. You died during a work break. I had one class going at Park University but that was the only thing: no CTU classes, no teaching of WMU classes, and no taking of WMU classes. Good timing, if any time was actually "good." I do not really think anything about this is "good." Oh, no. That's not true. I did not want you to suffer. It was time for you to go. As goings go, yours was as good as it could be, I guess.

But we had not yet done our trip to the mall.

My first reaction, when Dad reminded me of the IOU, was that I did not feel like going to the mall simply as a tribute to you.

And then, I reconsidered. I still owe you that shopping trip, Mom. You loved those trips so much. And since you pay such close attention to our conversations, those that take place here and privately, that I have no really good excuse for not going to the mall and going all the places you would want to go, which is basically everywhere.

I have been keeping the "days ago" numbers under my calendar, but I only count out one week at a time. I don't have the heart to fill out the whole calendar.

I am still swallowed whole by work, so this is a short one.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 71 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1509.13 - time

No comments: