Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #254 - My wife is amazing


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #254 - My wife is amazing

Hi Mom,

Today's post was going to be a bit of a rant about how I am growing weary of the way St. Patrick's Day has become this grand excuse for a bunch of people who are not even Irish to get drunk. I also am grouchy about expected behavior. I rarely want to do what is expected of me. So if I am supposed to get wasted today, then I am going to rebel by NOT drinking.

Not that I would choose otherwise right now.

I am still ill. I have not been this ill in years.

But instead of writing a grouchy rant, I want to write strong praise for my amazing wife.

Seven years ago, we announced our engagement to several friends as we did a St. Patrick's Day bar crawl (the last one we have done as bar crawls do not excite us). So, here's some pictures of us from that day. Don't we look happy.

My wife is making some AMAZING food for Saint Patrick's Day, including corned beef and cabbage, some Irish potato dish, and a blackberry mousse. Yeah, I am the luckiest guy in the world.

But she has also been taking good care of me. Check these out from her Facebook wall.




My wife is amazing and incredible. These things were great. I just finished the soup, and I have had two of those ginger-apple drinks. WOW.

Deciding to marry Liesel was the smartest decision I have ever made.

Thanks, honey. I am a lucky fella.

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 256 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1603.17 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.


No comments: