Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #256 - The Girl With All The Gifts, a book review



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #256 - The Girl With All The Gifts, a book review

Hi Mom,  I am sort of continuing the "my wife is amazing" sequence, but this time with a book. Liesel and I recommend books to each other. This book is one of her recent recommendations: The Girl With All the Gifts by Mike Carey. I know Mike's work from comic books, especially the most excellent Vertigo series, Lucifer, which is one of my top 20 favorites and is now a TV show, which I have yet to watch.

The book is fantastic, and you should read it.

That's all I really want to say about it. I give it a five out of five stars.

Here's what's printed on the back cover: "Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class. When they come for her, Sergeant Parks keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strep her into her wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bit. But they don't laugh."

Here's tons of links and videos. I did not know people did videos of book reviews. That's a cool idea. But they do, and so I share two. DO NOT click on any of these, especially the Wiki links if you want to read the books. The video reviews are actually spoiler free. But still, it's best to just read the book.

The book is also being adapted to film, due out later this year.

WIKI: THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS

WIKI film adaptation: THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS

Glenn Close and Gemma Arterton to Star in The Girl with All the Gifts Movie: TOR.COM

THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS - AMAZON PAGE

THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS - GOOD READS PAGE

THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS - TRAILER - ORBIT BOOKS





THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS REVIEW



ANOTHER THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS REVIEW




This picture to the left will give you some idea of a compelling image from The Girl With All The Gifts.

This is a picture of the main character Melanie in how she will look in the film.

Why is she wearing a mask?

Why is she wearing what looks like a burlap sack shift?

I am not going to give any answers.

Like most people, I knew almost nothing when I started to read this book.

This is as it should be. READ THE BOOK.



Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 258 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1603.19 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this
only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.


No comments: