Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #264 - Easter

WARNING: If you're Christian, this content may upset you. Honesty ensues. I am sorry if it bothers you. But each of us exists and performs according to his or her own gifts. We must all find our own way.


Easter - 1998
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #264 - Easter

Hi Mom,

I love you.

I am missing you a lot today.

Every holiday is going to be tough.

You loved Easter.

I am keeping this post short.

I could write a huge diatribe about religion, but I want to post a short one today as I don't need a lot of extra verbiage to make the point I want to make.

I am not sure I believe in the God you believed in.

I am not sure that YOU believed in the God you had believed in any more by the time you died. You were pretty angry with God for a few years for paralyzing you, though you had made peace with your situation long before the Supranuclear Bulbar Palsy stole you from us.

Though I spoke to God quite a bit in the post-meningitis years, I was never sure if the God I was speaking to existed.

I know I don't believe in Jesus Christ as my savior and the whole resurrection story.

Readers who do believe these things, sorry. I am just being honest. I worry that my sister will look at this one, and I feel like I am letting her down. She believes all these things; I just don't.

Anyway, by saying that I am not sure I believe in God and do not believe in Christ the savior, I am NOT saying that I believe in nothing. I have a beliefs category and I just shared some of my beliefs in Hey Mom #260.

I believe in many things.

But most of all, I believe in you, Mom.

Whatever exists after we die, if God exists as the Christians define him (which is a huge generalization as there are so many different conceptions among different Christians), if Christ exists as savior, if Christ existed as a historical figure, if Heaven exists, if Hell exists, if all these things exist, I have no idea, but I know one thing. You existed Mom. You were flesh and blood and you love me. I love you. AND you still exist. Call it a spirit, a soul, energy, whatever, you still exist. I FEEL you, and I can believe in that feeling.

I believe in you, Mom.

"And I believe in love" (Indigo Girls lyric, see yesterday's post).

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 266 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1603.27 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: