Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #258 - Revolution is Sexy



Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #258 - Revolution is Sexy

Hi Mom, I am always amazed at the treasures the Internet provides.

I came across this woman's web site while investigating the online presence, which I was surprised to find, of an author I like named John Twelve Hawks.

THE LINK TO REVOLUTION IS SEXY.

So, I found this site. Marni Halasal is activist who has opened a business as a consultant to help other people be activists and to stage protests of their own.

Obviously, the picture up top of a woman in a little Santa outfit holding an American Flag like a cape she's about to fasten around her neck and balancing on roller skates all in front of a line of police officers in riot gear  in what I am reasonably certain is New York City is going to get my attention. The photo up top also has the quality of a past era. It looks like something that could have been taken in the 1940s in terms of its coloring and Marni's outfit. Though it's obviously a more modern photo.

I went to her site and grabbed two other pictures that seemed especially powerful. I chose the picture above (left) because of my wife's love-hate relationship with Catholicism. I thought she might identify with the photo. The other photo seemed appropriate for our recent Saint Patrick's Day holiday.

Obviously her schtick is using her good looks to help get attention to forward her agenda. I am a fan of this approach, though I know some will not be.

Her info page describes that she got her start during Occupy Wall Street  and has aided street performers in creating theatrical-style protests in and around New York. Marni recently taught a class to high school students in creative protest.

I am find all of this quite interesting.

What I really love about the Internet is learning about these things, these people and their passions, because THEY can share what they're doing in a very detailed way without us having to rely on the press or some underground distribution network to learn about things in the age BEFORE the Internet was so widely used.

I also like that I can share about things like this. It's just like our conversations, Mom. I would tell you about these things, and you would nod and smile or have something to say that would make us both laugh. I miss that.

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 260 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1603.21 - 10:10


NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: