Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #678 - Days of Speed and Slow-time Mondays - Musical Monday for 1705.15


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #678 - Days of Speed and Slow-time Mondays - Musical Monday for 1705.15


Hi Mom,

For years, "That's Entertainment" by the Jam has been part of my main soundtrack, the music accompanying my life. But I have never mastered the lyrics.

When I heard the line "Days of speed and slow time Mondays" while listening, I knew I had the start of a mix. So THREE version s of "That's Entertainment" because it's THAT good.

Also, another song whose lyrics I want to master: Elvis Costello's "Beyond Belief."

Not much else with pre-amble.

I was told Mother's Day was great for my wife, so success there.

Plus I did manage to update the very first entry, and here's the link again. It sits up top of every page but just in case that's a doorknob you never use now, here it is again.


Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.


And now to music.

Fifteen for the 15th, even though I have one song on here three times... so it's really a dozen.

YOU TUBE PLAYLIST FOR Days of speed and slow time Mondays.



Or the list and the individual tracks...

Days of Speed and Slow-time Mondays - 
Musical Monday for 1705.15

1. "That's Entertainment" - The Jam (original video - 1981)
2. "Walls Come Tumbling Down" - The Style Council - 1985
3. "Van Occupanther" - Midlake
4. "Teenage Spaceship" - Smog
5. "Beyond Belief" - Elvis Costello
6. "Ghost World" - Aimee Mann
7. "Secret Someones" - Laura Veirs
8. "Never Ending Circles" - CHVRCHES
9. "Geek Love" - Nerina Pallot
10. "Wondering Where the Lions Are" - Bruce Cockburn
11. "My Ever Changing Moods" - Paul Weller (live - 2010)
12. "Won't Get Fooled Again" The Who with Noel Gallagher Royal Albert Hall 2000
13. "That's Entertainment" - Paul Weller with Noel Gallagher (2008)
14.  That's Entertainment" - The Jam (video with lyrics)
15. "Where Do We Go From Here" - Buffy the Vampire Slayer the musical











































"That's Entertainment"
- The Jam


A police car and a screaming siren
A pneumatic drill and ripped up concrete
A baby wailing and stray dog howling
The screech of brakes and lamp light blinking

That's entertainment, that's entertainment

A smash of glass and a rumble of boots
An electric train and a ripped up 'phone booth
Paint splattered walls and the cry of a tomcat
Lights going out and a kick in the balls

That's entertainment, that's entertainment

Days of speed and slow time Mondays
Pissing down with rain on a boring Wednesday
Watching the news and not eating your tea
A freezing cold flat and damp on the walls

That's entertainment, that's entertainment

Waking up at six am on a cool warm morning
Opening the windows and breathing in petrol
An amateur band rehearsing in a nearby yard
Watching the tele and thinking about your holidays

That's entertainment, that's entertainment

Waking up from bad dreams and smoking cigarettes
Cuddling a warm girl and smelling stale perfume
A hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac
Feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away

That's entertainment, that's entertainment

Two lovers kissing amongst the scream of midnight
Two lovers missing the tranquillity of solitude
Getting a cab and travelling on buses
Reading the graffiti about slashed seat affairs

That's entertainment, that's entertainment

Written by Paul John Weller • Copyright © Universal Music Publishing Group

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 680 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1705.15 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.


No comments: