Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #681 - Me at art show - 1974 - Throwback Thursday, blog recap, and some Weekly Comics and other links

me at art show 1974 (pointing at my art)
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #681 - Me at art show - 1974 - Throwback Thursday, blog recap, and some Weekly Comics and other links

Hi Mom,

I wasn't going to do a post-Mother's Day, Throwback Thursday post today, and then I resolved to do one without you in the picture, Mom, because I did the grief and loss thing Sunday and Monday, and wrote about moving on, so the blog here should look like I did move on.

And, really, I have. After the sentimental and reflective post on Sunday for Mother's Day, then Monday's post was the usual Musical Monday mix, on Tuesday I shared about interstellar travel and the need to get off planet, and then yesterday, Wednesday, was about Ransomware. Don't worry readers, regular subjects like comic books and reviews of books and such like will return soon. I am also not done with my Penguicon reports, so that's happening.

Plus I have 199 draft posts in my queue. This surplus of drafts has occurred because every time I see something that I think will make for a good entry, I create  a new post and stuff it in. I have done this so many times, and seen the draft number climb, that I made a couple of posts where I stash multiple links and content ideas to prevent the draft post from being even more ridiculous. Plus the drafts numbers includes a monthly collection of my lists of comic books in the order I intend to read them, which is an exercise that basically is only of interest to me and maybe a select few readers, most of whom lurk and have never told me their names, unless they're all robots.

I haven't posted any of this weekly comics lists content for over a year, since Hey Mom #244. Click it. Come on. If you click, it drives up the number of page views. I would love to see Hey Mom #244 hit the top five for the day.

My point being that I have a ton of back log and most of it is not about grieving you, Mom. It's about living my life, the things that interest me, and content I want to provide.

And then new material presents itself, like every day, because I cannot turn around in the cramped over-population explosion of clutter and noise that is the Internet without bumping into something that seems worthy of a post. Often I change my plan for a post based on something that presents itself, such as the wildly popular Hey Mom #645- Fire Sean Spicer Now or the even more popular Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #631 - #PinkOut - We Stand with Planned Parenthood; We Fight Back. Both of these have had hundreds of page views. Go ahead. Click. If you click, then they get even more page views... :-)

Both of those subjects presented themselves on the day and I dropped my plan and posted those items. I often do this, which is why I so often say "material presents itself" and that's what drives the blog and its content. For instance, last week I tried to get finished two posts that were timely. One was on Willie Mays' 85th birthday. And the other was for National Teacher's Day. I still may finish both but neither is very timely now.

On the subject of timely, one of my favorite authors, John Scalzi, (and now someone I have met in person: thanks John!), wrote about this very thing yesterday, this idea of not being able to think about anything Trump related fast enough to write a cogent, insightful piece before more heinous bullshit has come down the pike and three news cycles have passed. Check out his TRUMP QUANDARY at hat link there. I have the same dilemma, even for reposting shares of other people's thoughts. I can't even be fast at that, and I certainly can't create any original content fast enough to address most anything happening anywhere in a timely fashion. even outside the government.

Also, I try to post just once a day, but when I fall behind, as I am now since I am writing this on Friday for Thursday, then I have to do a flurry of posts. Recently, I had to catch up from over a week behind with such a flurry. Today, I will go easy for this one and the one officially for Friday, so that I can work ahead on Saturday and Sunday. And I need to pull up higher posts that have languished for months in a half finished state, like one I have on the best comics of 2016 according to EW.

Anyway, enough for now. I had not intended for this to be a blog recap, but sometimes I need to write about what I am doing just to wrap my head around what I am doing.

Here's the picture again just so I can write about it. This is me at twelve in 1974. I spent many hours on that picture of a giant battle in space between many space ships. If you look closely, you can see a sun in the upper left corner of the picture. At the top center is some sort of title, probably, and the (1) may be for a sequence I had planned that I never finished.

I love this picture, both my look and clothes, and my cool art from junior high.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 683 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1705.18 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: