Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #905 - Top Ten Most Essential Skills


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #905 - Top Ten Most Essential Skills

Hi Mom,

I am a firm believer in how material will always present itself for my blog. How can it not?

I go to Twitter to send a link to my blog when I publish. My Twitter feed is a vast wilderness of total chaos, and I am only following 522 people or organizations, "Twitter feeds."

I am @gmrstudios.

I have 177 followers. This is not impressive.

Today, I followed Sara Blevins. I know her name from somewhere.

Here's her tag line. I am very motivated by it.

"Practice being the last to speak."

Sara Blevins

@Sara_Jo_Blevins

I want to put this idea into practice. I think it's vital for "man-splainers" to practice humility and self-control. Assume knowledge. Let people talk, especially people who are women.

So, Twitter informed me I should follow this Sara Blevins, probably because we have 20 followers in common. So I looked at her feed and that line sealed the deal for me to click the follow button.

And then, I found this video.

I was thinking the video would be top ten job skills, specific job skills, like working with data or writing a good email. I wan unprepared for what I found. Along the lines of "Practice being the last to speak," I found ten skills lauded by ten different prestigious and important people.

I was impressed with this list because many of these ideas are on my radar but not all of them.

I learned some new things or gained new emphasis.

Also, I discovered Evan Carmichael and Evan Carmichael.com, which are great resources for more material. For instance, I was just discussing work-life balance with my boss, and Evan's most recent video (today's) is about this subject.

I plan to internalize these values.

I recommend taking some time to watch this video or at the very least to contemplate this video and the skills mentioned therein, which surely you would, Mom, if you were here.

If nothing else, the blog gets me learning things every day, and I find that yo be a valuable commodity.

10 SKILLS That Are HARD to Learn, BUT Will Pay Off FOREVER!
1,927,721 views

Evan Carmichael

Published on Aug 26, 2017

Evan Carmichael.com

1. Speaking up - Warren Buffet
2. Being Honest With Yourself - Mark Cuban
3. Having Confidence - Robin Sharma
4. Listening - Simon Sinek
5. Managing Your Time - Bishop T.D. Jakes
6. Stop Whining - Iyanla Vanzant
7. Staying Present in the Moment - Mel Robbins
8. Being Consistent - Priyanka Chopra
9. Getting Enough Sleep - Arianna Huffington
10. Having Empathy - Meryl Streep




I know, I know. Out of all ten people, of course I chose Priyanka Chopra to be the "cover" photo for this blog post. I get why, and I know how it looks. But I can't help it. I think she is a very amazing human as are all the people shared in this video.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 907 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1712.27 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: