Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, October 6, 2024

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3519 - Avengers #122 from April 1974 - Comic Book Sunday for 2410.06


A Sense of Doubt blog post #3519 - Avengers #122 from April 1974 - Comic Book Sunday for 2410.06

My good friend Walt posts geek stuff to his Instagram all the time:

https://www.instagram.com/waltsgeekstuff/

Much like this, he often posts a single comic book cover.

I have been running behind on my blog all week and have finally caught up.

I need a quick post.

I saw this cover scroll by in my screen saver, which is mostly comic book art, and I seized on it for my Sunday post.

I remember this comic fondly.

This period in 1974 was a very formative one for my comic fandom.

I was 12 years old, and I decided to write a comic book fanzine reviewing comics.

I completed one issue.

It was a lot of work.


AVENEGERS #122 V.1 - comic vine

After Taurus launches the Avengers and his Zodiac cartel into space, the two super-powered groups must combine forces to return to Earth’s orbit.

Libra betrays Taurus and steals a rocket to save the stranded members of the Zodiac and the Avengers in outer space. When they arrive, the members of Zodiac reunite to defeat the Avengers but are only met with loss. When Taurus (Cornelius Van Lunt) falls into a body of water, the Vision can do nothing but look on helplessly and Mantis arrives on the scene to save Taurus just in time. After that, Libra tells Mantis and her fellow Avengers that he is her father.


Issue details

Name
Volume
Issue Number
122
Cover Date
April 1974
In Store Date
N/A

Creators





























COUNTDOWN!!!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2410.06 - 10:10

- Days ago: MOM = 3383 days ago & DAD = 039 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: