Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Also,

Monday, August 10, 2026

A Sense of Doubt blog post #4193 - God Must Be a Boogie Man - A Joni Mitchell Mix - Music Monday 2608.10

A Sense of Doubt blog post #4193 - God Must Be a Boogie Man - A Joni Mitchell Mix - Music Monday 2608.10



Welcome to Music Monday and another Joni Mitchell music mix.

I say another because my post from 2021 (see link in the photo gallery below) promised a mix and then did not include a mix.

Well the mix is there now. Joni Mitchell is the Real Deal (again, located below in the photo gallery).

This is my favorite picture of Joni Mitchell:

She looks so happy and free. Her hair, her smile, that dress, jewelry. She radiates such amazing energy, even in just a photo. She would be someone I would want to get to know if I saw her wind blown and smiling at some outdoor pool party.

What an amazing human being.

This desire to get to know Joni Mitchell is why this post is tagged with the Dinner Party category, which includes all the other people (male and female) that I would like to get to know (living people only).


Today's mix (below) is themed on Joni Mitchell's first cut off her 1979 album Mingus.

For YEARS, I translated "boogie man" as "booger man," thinking this song was a condemnation of God as a frightening ghoul not a jazz musician.

Not sure when it hit me that she meant "boogie" like to "boogie down," as in music, because the album was a collaboration with jazz great Charles Mingus.

It is my favorite Joni Mitchell album.

I created a mix that samples the majority of her discography but not all of them. The mix was originally made before Shine (2007) came out as a CD mix, so some albums were not represented and I have updated with songs from Shine, Turbulent Indigo, and Travelogue.

Thank you, Joni Mitchell. You have brought great joy to my life with your art.

Thanks for tuning in.





God Must Be a Boogie Man - A Joni Mitchell Mix



TRACK LIST

[1] Joni Mitchell / God Must Be A Boogie Man (TV - 1983) [Reworked]
[2] Joni Mitchell - Night Ride Home
[3] Joni Mitchell - Coyote (The Last Waltz)
[4] Joni Mitchell - You Dream of Flat Tires
[5] Joni Mitchell - One Week Last Summer (Official Audio)
[6] The Hissing of Summer Lawns Joni Mitchell
[7] Dreamland Joni Mitchell
[8] Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi (2021 Remaster) [Official Audio]
[9] Turbulent Indigo Joni Mitchell
[10] Cherokee Louise Joni Mitchell
[11] Joni Mitchell - Circle Game - Live 1974
[12] Joni Mitchell- Amelia live 1983
[13] Impossible Dreamer Joni Mitchell
[14] In France They Kiss on Main Street (Live) Joni Mitchell
[15] Shadows and Light (Live) Joni Mitchell
[16] Joni Mitchell - California (Official Audio)
[17] Chinese Cafe/Unchained Melody Joni Mitchell
[18] Edith and the Kingpin - Joni Mitchell
[19] Joni Mitchell - Shine (Official Audio)
[20] Both Sides Now Joni Mitchell
[21] Joni Mitchell - Coyote (Live at Gordon Lightfoot's Home with Bob Dylan & Roger McGuinn, 1975)


PHOTO GALLERY

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/joni-mitchell-photos/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/29/entertainment/joni-mitchell-spotify-vaccine-misinformation-scli-intl

https://folkalley.com/joni-mitchell-at-80-ten-essential-songs-to-celebrate/

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/culture/life-lessons-from-joni-mitchell

https://www.jeffreypepperrodgers.com/blog/joni-mitchell-songwriting-interview-blue

https://www.njarts.net/joni-mitchell-favorite-songs-from-each-album/

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/arts/joni-mitchell-biography-songwriting-woodstock-bob-dylan

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/nov/07/joni-mitchell-classic-interview-rocks-backpages

https://variety.com/2024/music/news/joni-mitchell-boxed-set-archives-vol-4-jazz-1970s-outtakes-1236100430/

https://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2022/08/01/joni-mitchell-brandi-carlile-newport-folk-festival-julie-wittes-schlack

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/sep/27/joni-mitchells-80s-how-the-canadian-songwriter-became-a-fearless-futurist-auteur


https://www.ctpublic.org/show/the-colin-mcenroe-show/2022-07-27/the-one-about-joni-mitchell

https://www.uncut.co.uk/features/joni-mitchell-im-a-fighter-thats-what-i-do-144246/

https://www.facebook.com/jonimitchell/


Previously published, here:


Monday, July 12, 2021


https://www.nme.com/news/music/joni-mitchell-says-shes-still-struggling-to-walk-following-2015-aneurysm-2800177







https://www.newstatesman.com/joni-mitchell-interview-2020-daniel-levitin





https://www.theringer.com/music/2017/10/16/16476254/joni-mitchell-pop-music-canon



https://www.thecut.com/2015/02/joni-mitchell-fashion-muse.html





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2608.10 - 10:10

- Days ago: MOM = 4057 days ago & DAD = 711 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I post Hey Mom blog entries on special occasions. I post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day, and now I have a second count for Days since my Dad died on August 28, 2024. I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of Mom's death, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of her death and sometimes 13:40 EDT for the time of Dad's death. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: