Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #55 - No more errands


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #55 - No more errands

Hi Mom, I came across this note on a to do list the other day. I realized that I won't be making noted like this any more. I will not need to run errands for you any more.

For readers who need the note deciphered, I bought you, Mom, cards to give to my father for holidays, like Father's Day, Birthday, and your anniversary. I had made this note recently, and run the errands, as we celebrated Dad's Father's Day and Birthday the day before you started the "actively dying" process. It was nice that we were all together then, so near the end. Even Liesel and Ivan were there.

I am very sad at the thought of how I will not write these notes any more, how I will not need to run these errands, and even how many more of these notes I will come across before I have disposed of them all. I liked running these kinds of errands for you, Mom. A part of me wants to continue to do so just because I don't want to let go of that role. Giving up these errands means accepting you are gone. I don't really want to accept it.

Isn't life like that? We spend our lives trying to rationalize things we don't want to do? Trying to negotiate with ourselves and the world for things to work out as we wish them to do?

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 56 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1508.29 - 20:28

No comments: