Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #513 - East Tawas Point 8-11-1963




Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #513 - East Tawas Point 8-11-1963 - Photo Series One #11

Hi Mom,

I caught up!!

After falling behind by almost an entire month during and following my trip to Salem with Liesel, I made a concerted effort to catch up on the blog and get back to daily production with posts being published on the current day. After exhausting some posts on the Salem trip, the Chicago Cubs winning the World Series, and the election, I decided to scan some old photos that I had not yet shared and do a photo series. As I explained before, this concept of a photo and some remarks was the original concept I had for this blog and its content. Later, after working through my early days and weeks of grief, I tried to leave the subject of grief and loss alone more often than not and post about my life and things of interest to me. I am now ready to get back to that mix of original content (stuff I actually write) and re-posted content (stuff I think is interesting), though now I have a photo series when I need to make a post quickly and without a lot of effort. At some point, I will end "photo series one" and start "photo series two," but I am going to have to think about what that transition means. For now, the photos will remain in "photo series one."

I did not know we visited East Tawas when I was 1 and 1/2 years old.

If one performs a Google search on East Tawas Point State Park, there are photos of this exact spot.

Though the photo is dark, I like that you are holding me,  Mom.

I also like the way we're both dressed. You in your Jackie Kennedy era styles in the summer shortly before JFK would be shot and killed. Me in summer whites from top to shoes and socks. You did a good job dressing me, Mom, at least until I got to high school and you were a bit out of touch. We had some disagreements then as I started to have my own ideas about how I looked.

But none of that has happened yet in this picture in 1963.

We look happy.

Welcome December 1st of 53 years later.

And now, I am current with my blog postings. I hope to never fall a month behind again. That was a new record. I almost gave up on daily posts, taking the huge back log as a sign that I was ready to stop making daily posts. But I am not ready, and as I talk to you this way, I feel your agreement that I should keep going, keep doing what makes me happy as I can sense that you are happy, Mom.

You are happy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 515 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1612.01 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: