Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, December 5, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #517 - Because there are endings, but they too are beautiful

Sunset 1612.05 - via Scalzi
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #517 - Because there are endings, but they too are beautiful - Musical Monday for 1612.05

Hi Mom,

I posted the following phrase via Twitter today: "Because there are endings, but they too are beautiful."

I had news today of a death of someone in our community. I do not feel it's my place to share details or any perspective because for now I have none, and no words could possibly soothe my friend who is grieving the loss of his son.

Obviously, this picture and comment is my attempt to try to to see a positive, a silver lining, a glimmer of color before the night in the face of something awful and tragic.

When young people with their whole lives ahead of them die tragically and suddenly, this is not a beautiful thing.

But there is love in the world, and hope, and grace, and forgiveness, and the spirit...

What else can be done but to try to see the beauty when faced with the worst possible tragedy?

Well, anyway, that's what I have tried to do. It's all I can do to make sense of things that do not make sense. You understand, Mom. You know how it would be if you had lost me at the age of 18 or 19. At least with you, we had time for a proper goodbye.

So just these two songs. The music says what needs to be said so much better than words, though the second video seems apt.

I have posted the Sigur Ros before, but it is very fitting. I also happened to be talking about it in class today.

There is much love in the world.

We have to stick together.

Remember, when we go out of the house, look around and hold hands.










+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 519 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1612.05 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: