Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #744 - Lori's Birthday 1971 - Throwback Thursday - conversations #14

Lori Marie birthday 1971 - two years old
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #744 - Lori's Birthday 1971 - Throwback Thursday - conversations #14

Hi Mom,

I am having lunch with Lori again today, and so I am featuring her in today's Throwback photo, which I am pretty sure I did not share as the main photo in a Throwback Thursdays yet in my 744 posts. But as I was selecting a photo, I realized that my record keeping process is not great. I need to overhaul how I track the photos that I have featured, and I do not want to invest that time right now.

Things are happening, Mom. Lots of things with the house, the sale of the house, the new house, the move, packing, and more.

I reminded of a line from Radiohead's "The Tourist" off OK Computer: "Hey man, slow down..."

This is a short one because it's a day late, and I don't want to stop my routine of Throwbacks.

I had considered a different post, a share, just because I am pressed for time.

But the original idea for the blog is that I would keep the posts short, you know?

And doesn't the picture speak for itself?

See the cake made in the shape of and decorated like a school bus? Lori was obsessed with school buses at that age. Mom you look really tired and caught off-guard. I like pictures in which you are not aware the picture is being taken. I am wearing a shirt decorated with a picture of David Cassidy.

I like seeing all the things you did for decorating, Mom. Raggedy Ann table settings. Very nice. Brings back good memories. There's Lori's tea party table and chair behind me.

There's some things here that make me wonder if this is really 1971, but I am pretty sure that's the date on the photo.

The curtains you made are still up and not yet replaced. And this photo is before the addition that added the entry and replaced that front door. Also, above your head and the light fixture, I believe that's the bottom corner of the art print hanging in my kitchen.

Thanks, Mom.

More soon.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 746 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1707.20 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: