Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #748 - Fight! Fight! Musical Monday for 1707.24

from Transporter 2 - fight with what's at hand nearby
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #748 - Fight! Fight! Musical Monday for 1707.24

Hi Mom,

I keep thinking that I have to announce that I am either putting the blog on hiatus or in a remote control, re-post share mode. I think that's coming. The blog will probably go into a remote control mode as packing because more of a lodestone and then once I hit the road. I plan to pre-publish all the blog entries for the week we are traveling. I may make these something brief about our destinations and then update if I have time or I may just set up ten shares in a row. I don't know.

For now, I am trying to keep on keeping on but put less time into the blog and not kill myself if I can't meet the goals I set.

For instance, last week, I was working on the résumé entry all week as my planned original content for the week. On Sunday, when I wanted to clear more time to pack and do the smallest amount of work necessary to keep my jobs, I just cut out all the unfinished parts of the entry. I re-formatted with what I had. I added some filler text to give it a better sense of purpose, and I published it. The thing is that the blog was more than long enough and informative enough in the form I had it. I didn't need to do more.

So, this concept of doing enough and not too much is part of my operating principle. Still, expect to see less original content or at least shorter original content and plenty of shares from now until September. There's just so much to do. I shouldn't whine about it. Plenty of people move and plenty move across the country. It's not that uncommon. I hope you know, Mom, that I am just managing my anxiety. I am trying to cope. It's not always an easy thing.

Still, I did smart things last week, like the handling of yesterday's blog post. I had my car checked out and will not need too many repairs and the big thing is preventive only. I bought a book on the PYTHON programming language. We took the next step in selling our house.

Things are going along swimmingly.

So, today's mix.

I am leaving it very rough. No YOU TUBE playlist. No text list of songs. No thematic unity. Just a random collection of stuff that hit my radar recently.

The idea for this mix started with this next video, a clip from the film Transporter 2 and how the hero manages to deliver a beat down with rubber hose and whatever else he can grab in a construction site.

Then I just dumped embedded players and videos as they came to my attention over the last few weeks, and this is the result.

There's good stuff here, but it's hardly unified be the idea of a "fight."

There's a fight going on in our nation right now, and I wish it had as quick and decisive an end as the fight in this video.

Someone needs to deliver a final beat down and end the book on this hateful moron that somehow got himself elected to the presidency of our country.

And as Warren Ellis shared in yesterday's newsletter:

BUT: take care of yourself, do something this week that's just for you, protect your head and hold on tight.  I need you here, and so do other people.


















https://www.thewire.co.uk/audio/tracks/stream-the-new-porter-ricks-album-in-full






Stream the new Porter Ricks album in full

June 2017


The German dub techno duo are releasing their first album in seventeen years








In the world of techno Thomas Köner and Andy Mellwig, also known as Porter Ricks, are probably best known for their connection with Chain Reaction, a sub label of Moritz Von Oswald and Mark Ernestus's Basic Channel imprint. The producers, along with others such as Monolake and Vainqueur, were part of a new dub techno sound bolstered by these labels and the Hardwax shop in Kreuzberg, Berlin. Anguilla Electrica, meaning electric eel, appears more than twenty years after their first CD was released on Chain Reaction, and will be available on 23 June via Tresor.
You can read Kodwo Eshun's cover interview with Porter Ricks in issue 169 of The Wire, and read Ken Hollings's review of Anguilla Electrica in issue 401. Subscribers can access these via the online archive.

















+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 750 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1707.24 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: