Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, January 1, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #910 - Ode to Joy and more Musical Monday for the new year 2018 - 1801.01

Cover drawing by Clara Engel - https://claraengel.bandcamp.com/album/stars-reptiles-microorganisms


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #910 - Ode to Joy and more Musical Monday for the new year 2018 - 1801.01

Hi Mom,

This is going live a bit late because I did not feel very well today, the first day of the year. No, I was not hung over. But I felt a bit queasy and not because of much of any drinking the night before (one pint of beer, a gift, Peanut Butter Porter).

I took the day "off" and had some nice family time, which I know you would appreciate, Mom. We watched some movies, though I skipped I Tonya and just watched Ladybird with the family. Mainly, I read a big stack of Superman and Action Comics, a festival of Superman. I was many months behind. I have decided, for now, not to drop the title as the stories were enjoyable.

It was also a LONG OVERDUE activity for me to lie on the couch and read comics. This is my best down time activity and the thing that re-charges batteries like little else. I need to regularly schedule this down time, and so if I make any resolutions (and I don't usually make any at all or not too many) it's that: more of this down time. I am refreshed and re-energized. In fact, more so because this post is going live on Wednesday 1/3 as I spent most of Tuesday 1/2 hard at work.

And so, a bit of music to start the year.

As I mentioned the other day, I have been looping John Shanahan's end of the year Hypnagogue Podcast quite a bit. It's beautiful stuff, great flow. Here's the link again:
https://hypnagoguepodcast.com/2017/12/28/episode-226/

And so, just a few selections to start the new year. Partly, this post was inspired by someone online who I saw had listed Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" as favorite music. I was reminded that I had not listened to "Ode to Joy" in some time, so I dialed up two selections. I am also mindful that I want my life to be the singing of such and ode, filled with joy. After all, Osiris asks two questions at the gates to Heaven: "Did you find joy? Did you bring joy?" I want to be able to answer yes to both questions.

New Clara Engel!! Good stuff.



New Lisa Gerrard, also good stuff!!




ODE TO JOY - two versions






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 912 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1801.01 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: