Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, January 22, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #931 - Fill the Howling Void - Musical Monday for 1801.22


http://music.juliakent.com/album/asperities
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #931 - Fill the Howling Void - Musical Monday for 1801.22

Hi Mom,

This one has been hovering around in my queue for a few months. I had copied some of WARREN ELLIS' recommendations. Find him at MORNING COMPUTER, Twitter (he is sad to say), and his excellent weekly newsletter ORBITAL OPERATIONS.

There's some good plugs for re-sharing the music he recommends.

And then, as a side note, and to archive it, this: CHRISTIAN NIGHTMARES: Guide to detect Satanic and CHRISTIAN NIGHTMARES - main.

I should never say that I am not using the blog effectively to share things from the Internet wilderness, right, Mom?

Once again, I am late, but just a day late this time. I am going to endeavor not to be later even if that means less content.

I am trying to eek out this post in dribs and drabs on a rainy Tuesday and send it back in tiem to Monday.

These music pieces are at times dark and at other time serene.

There's so much interesting music being made. There used to be a time when an avid music lover could keep up on the majority of the material, but this is no longer true. I seem to be always uncovering new artists just in music alone that I am surprised I have not heard of. It helps to have people in the world like Warren Ellis who feed me some of his finds (I have fed him some of mine, too). He and I share an appreciation for background music to fill the howling void.

And there's the title.

Fill the howling void.

It seems that my work here is done.

BTW, Spektrmodule is Ellis' occasional music podcast. These selections were just web links in his newsletter. I have kept some of that formatting.

++ SPEKTRMODULE

















Soundtracks for the week:

http://music.juliakent.com/album/asperities





https://petrels.bandcamp.com/album/flailing-tomb

















+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 933 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1801.22 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: