Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, September 28, 2020

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2050 - "You Dream of Flat Tires" - Joni Mitchell - Musical Monday 2009.28




A Sense of Doubt blog post #2050 - "You Dream of Flat Tires" - Joni Mitchell - Musical Monday 2009.28

36 DAYS - the daily election countdown


Today is another short entry dedicated to the music I was listening to a lot last week.

This is a song that got in my head.

It's from a 1982 album by the great Joni Mitchell, and an album that was not well received and sold dismally. But like all albums by Joni Mitchell, I really liked it.

Joni Mitchell is in the op of the list of women (and people) who amaze me.

Here's the song:



"You Dream of Flat Tires"
written & produced by Joni Mitchell | from the album Wild Things Run Fast (1982)


It came to pass
Like lightening striking from above
Electric flash
Just like lightening striking from above
Struck by precious love
Precious, precious love
So hopeless and so inspired
Why do you dream flat tires
When you dream flat tires?
You dream flat tires
With a jack and a spare you're there
Trying to get to where love is
Coming in on a wing and a prayer
Trying to get to where love is
'Cause love is precious love
You said it was precious
When first you felt my fire
Before you dreamed flat tires
You dreamed flat tires
You dream flat tires
"Woman she bounce back easy
But a man could break both his legs"
Are you telling me that to tease me?
Or just to hear me beg
"Please don't go!"
Cause I know that you love me
But, when are you going to let love be
Just a vague flirtation
Or extra special company?
'Cause love is precious love
Everybody knows it's precious
When first they feel that fire
Before they dream flat tires
They dream flat tires
They dream flat tires
"Woman she bounce back easy
But a man could break both his legs"
Do you tell me that to tease me
Or just to hear me beg
"Please don't be cold"
I know that you love me
But, what are you going to let love do?
(Flat tires, love, love is precious, flat tires,
Love, love is precious, flat tires, love,
Love is precious)
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Joni Mitchell

You Dream Flat Tires lyrics © Crazy Crow Music, Sony Atv Music Publishing France, Sony/atv Tunes Llc Obo Crazy Crow Music

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2009.28 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1914 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: