Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, December 24, 2023

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3232 - Christmas Eve 2023



A Sense of Doubt blog post #3232 - Christmas Eve 2023

There's something about Christmas Eve -- parts the ghostly darkness and despair enflamed with rising hope that Dickens captured in "A Christmas Carol" and parts all the childhood Eves of anticipation and wide-eyed desire.

I have written many times about the one gift Christmas Eve tradition in my family of the box of comics. I have provided links below.

I am often wrapping presents on Christmas Eve or the day before (as I did yesterday and seven years ago, the day we adopted Ellory) unlike my mother who would wrap weeks in advance to give us time to shake the gifts and try to guess what was inside. At least one year, I made a list to catalogue my guesses to keep score as I unwrapped on Christmas Day.

But the haunt of Silent Night, Holy Night and O Holy Night resonates with me as I remember all those Christmases, snuggled in bed, reading comics, and maybe sleeping 5-6 hours at most. I was usually awake by 3-4 a.m. but could not wake my parents until 6 or 7 a.m. depending on the year.

I still honor the tradition. Now, I can snuggle with my puppies, my favorite blanket

Friday, November 17, 2023

and I have given up the silence for a white noise generator and music, usually Machine Love or the soundtrack to Blade Runner.

It's merry and bright because we all have to compensate for the cold, gloom, the overwhelming darkness. The veil is thin. The ghosts are close. We need the shining starlight more than ever and twinkling lights of our own creation mirror that guiding celestial object.

Make good memories.

Snuggle.

Warm drinks.

And read things, especially comics.

This is also COMIC BOOK SUNDAY for December 24th, 2023.

Thanks for tuning in.

PAST CHRISTMAS EVE POSTS

Saturday, December 24, 2022


Thursday, December 24, 2020



Friday, December 24, 2021

A REPRINT

Monday, January 3, 2022



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2512 - "O Holy Night" - Katie Melua - Musical Monday 2201.03


I have been a huge fan of Katie Melua ever since my wedding.

Here's possibly my last holiday-related post of the season. Belated, true, but that's because even though I post once a day, I post just once a day.

Here you go. Enjoy.


#KatieMelua #InWinter



Dec 6, 2016





Katie Melua 

This is Katie Melua's music video for 'O Holy Night', taken from the new album 'In Winter', which is available here: https://KatieMelua.lnk.to/InWinteryv

Pre-order Katie Melua's 'Album No. 8', out on 16th October 2020: https://katiemelua.lnk.to/Album8yv

Follow Katie Melua:


LYRICS:
O holy night! The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth

A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn
Fall on your knees, oh, hear the angel voices
O night divine! O night divine!

Led by the light of faith serenely beaming.
With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand
So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming
Here come the men from Orient land

The King of Kings lay thus in lowly manger
In all our trials born to be our friend
Fall on your knees, oh, hear the angel voices
O night divine! O night when Christ was born

O night divine! O night, night divine!
O night divine! O night divine!
O night divine!

#KatieMelua #InWinter
Music in this video
Learn more
Song
O Holy Night
Artist
Katie Melua
Licensed to YouTube by
BMG Rights Management (Europe) GmbH; ARESA, BMG Rights Management (US), LLC, Broma 16, UMPI, UMPG Publishing, MINT_BMG, LatinAutorPerf, Kobalt Music Publishing, Abramus Digital, and 6 Music Rights Societies



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2201.03 - 10:10
- Days ago = 2376 days ago
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2312.24 - 10:10

- Days ago = 3096 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: