Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, August 12, 2024

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3464 - Drowning in the Television Romance at the Seashore




A Sense of Doubt blog post #3464 - Drowning in the Television Romance at the Seashore

It has been a while since I posted a mix, and so I made one; however, I have been sitting on it for a while as I listen, make adjustments, and curate.

This mix was mostly, almost entirely, generated by You Tube suggestions.

Not the mixes that You Tube makes FOR YOU, but rather, starting with the lead song "Television Romance" by the Pale Waves and assembling other videos that come up in the list. And then I added some for balance.

Mostly, the "theme" of this mix is to listen to music by artists I was not very familiar with or not at all familiar; however, there are some artists who are just starting out and have very little presence online, such as Wandering With, Martha Sin Del, Alai Margarita, Alex Argot, and Lovender.

The title of the mix comes from a mashup of three of the first five songs, which were originally the first three songs until I shuffled.

I added GOAT GIRL because I had discovered that band a few months ago and posted about them:


Obviously I know David Bowie, David Gilmour, and Roger Waters. However, You Tube suggested the Bowie song as I was assembling the mix, so I added it. Same with the Waters song, which I knew after buying his whole solo catalog before seeing him in concert in 2022. Same with the Gilmour, though I did not know this song, which is a new one from his forthcoming album in a duet with his daughter Romany. I will have to buy up his solo catalog as well as I own NONE of this albums apart from his work with Pink Floyd both with and post-Waters.

I knew of Pale Waves but has listened to them, and my attention was grabbed by the image of the dark-haired goth-looking singer Heather Baron-Gracie, so that's where I started.

I knew Wolf Alice but had not listened to much. Outside of the other artists I named, I only knew Dandy Warhols and others I added for connections with other tracks, such as "Teenage Spaceship" by Smog and "Ballad of Big Nothing" by Elliott Smith.

I also added Nick Drake because of something I read about Brit folk music.

I also added Beth Orton and William Orbit and a song I knew but did not know well. I am a huge fan of both, but I have missed some releases.

The Lorn video for "Acid Rain" was a late add, and I think the video is very powerful: I love it.

I also added Billie Marten when someone played the song for me recently.

All the rest are new to me, and so I really LOVE like Beach House, Men I Trust, and Martha Sin Del.

Because there were so many songs I did not know and artists I did not know, I included a link for each artist, mostly to their Wikipedia page but to other pages when no Wikipedia page existed. I considered not including links to artists I know well -- such as David Bowie -- but I figure if I am including a link for all the others, that I may as well be consistent and include a link for everyone.

I hope you enjoy my mix!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for tuning in.



Drowning in the Television Romance at the Seashore





Drowning in the Television Romance at the Seashore MIX track list

[1] Pale Waves - Television Romance
[2] Wandering With - Drowning - Glamor Edition
[3] Wolf Alice - Moaning Lisa Smile
[4] Lorn - Acid Rain (Official Music Video)
[5] The Regrettes - Seashore [Official Music Video]
[6] Pulp - This Is Hardcore (Adult Version)
[7] Pale Waves - There's A Honey (Official Video)
[8] Dandy Warhols - "I Will Never Stop Loving You (feat. Debbie Harry)"
[9] NewDad - Angel (Visualiser)
[10] Alaï Landa ~ Curiosa 
[11] Wolf Alice - Don't Delete the Kisses (Official Video)
[12] Martha Sin Del ~ wanna go to the gas station?
[13] alex argot - strawberry girl
[14] David Bowie's last performance ever, "Life On Mars"
[15] David Gilmour - Between Two Points (with Romany Gilmour)
[16] Nick Drake - River Man (Video)
[17] Billie Marten - This Is How We Move
[18] Yulius Wong Joko - Lost Love Ballad
[19] BEACH HOUSE // Space Song
[20] Smog - Teenage Spaceship
[21] Elliott Smith - Ballad Of Big Nothing (from Either/Or) - Kill Rock Stars
[22] Last Dinosaurs - Honolulu
[23] Men I Trust - Show Me How (garage session)
[24] Beach Bunny - Painkilller (Official Music Video)
[25] Goldie Boutilier - The Angel And The Saint (Official Music Video)
[26] lovender - pomegranate seeds (Official Music Video)
[27] Lowertown - Best Person You Know
[28] Goat Girl - ride around (Official Video)
[29] beth orton/william orbit-Don't Wanna Know 'Bout Evil
[30] Goat Girl - Sad Cowboy (Official Music Video)
[31] Roger Waters - Two Suns In The Sunset





THE BANDS - LINKS




















https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldie_Boutilier

https://lovender.bandcamp.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_to_Lie
 (Lowertown)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goat_Girl


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Orbit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Waters






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2408.12 - 10:10

- Days ago = 3328 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.


No comments: