Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #270 - Cantaloupes show 1604.01 - two videos


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #270 - Cantaloupes show 1604.01 - two videos

Hi Mom, So Ivan and his band played their show at Satellite Records. It was a great show. They were awesome. I took two videos, included here.

These guys are just great. I am so proud of my step-son Ivan, who is very musically gifted. But all four of these musicians are very talented.

The Cantaloupes are Wil Moss on lead guitar (front right in video), Ivan Simons on drums, Ethan Leverton on rhythm guitar (front left in video), and Gabe Wikle on bass.

In their short set at Satellite Records in Kalamazoo on Friday April First, they played "Puma Socks" first and "Perfect Crime," a new song, next to last (the penultimate!).

I am going to let the music speak for itself for the most part, except for this one bit.

When they introduced "Perfect Crime," leader Wil was apologetic, claiming that the song is rough and that they have only practiced it twice.

And then they played it, and as you can hear, it's GREAT!

Yay!! The Cantaloupes! My favorite band.

"Puma Socks" - the Cantaloupes show Satellite Records 1604.01 





"Perfect Crime" the Cantaloupes show Satellite 1604.01 




Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 272 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1604.02 - 10:10


NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: