Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #297 - Boney James Tonight

Boney James - State Theatre - Kalamazoo
April 29, 2016
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #297 - Boney James Tonight

Hi Mom,

A benefit of writing these entries after the fact is that I can write about the concert and back date to the day of the concert. It's Sunday May 1st as I type, and I am writing about Friday night April 29th when I saw jazz saxophonist Boney James at the State Theatre with my good friend Bruce "Fris" Johnson.

Check out the photo above. Boney came out into the audience, stepped up on a seat, and played basically right in front of me hence the close photo with the people all around.

I love when the performers come into the audience. Erykah Badu did that when I saw her in Chicago, and back in the 1980s, I saw Peter Gabriel do a trust fall into the audience while performing "I Have The Touch."

This was a great concert. I love how the audience was so into it. Everyone was happy, groovin', dancing, smiling. People were still grooving on the sweet soul after the show.

Also, it was a great show for older folks. It started promptly at 8 p.m., no opening band. Boney played with his band for about 90 minutes, did one encore, and retired for the night, though he stayed to sign CDs in  the lobby.

I owned two Boney James prior to the concert -- Body Language and Seduction -- and now I own the most recent, Future Soul, one song from which, "Vinyl," is featured her (see below).

It was a night of smooth, cool, smokin' jazz and soul.

Music has healing power.

Thanks, Boney.

BONEY JAMES - "Vinyl" - From Future Soul




BONEY JAMES - "Body Language" from Body Language





Boney James - "Send One Your Love"



Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 299 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1604.29 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: