Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #278 - Sibling Day - Lori Marie

December 1971
The bear's name is Timmy.
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #278 - Sibling Day - Lori Marie


Hi Mom, Facebook tells me it's Sibling Day, so I am dedicating this blog entry to my sister Lori Marie (Tower) Beard.

I can't believe 278 days of blog writing have passed, and I have not devoted an entry to my sister.

And so, a sampling of fun photos from the past and some text. ALL new photos that I have not yet shared.

Easter 1971
I love my sister very much. She has really found herself, I think. She is very involved with her church and a leader in her Bible Study group. She has studied the Bible extensively and impressively. She has done theatre, which is where she met her husband, Noel. They own a home. They have a good life.

Lori has sung solos in church and elsewhere and participated in church choir, which she did for several years with you, Mom.

She has worked in the architectural and interior design fields. Now she works at a real estate company doing clerical work. She is very organized and smartly efficient.

Easter 1975

Lori has applied herself to the study of cooking and become quite an accomplished cook, which I know you value highly, Mom. She keeps a neat and orderly home and buys her groceries weekly with a planning system that boggles my mind.

My sister and I may have differing opinions on many issues, but I love and respect her, and I wish her the best in her life, love, and home.

I should mention her love of cats and the care and attention she has always devoted to her cats. Her current cat, Ashley Marie, has a brain tumor, but Lori has cared for her and so far Ashley is doing well.

Lori Marie - May 1971
What's in the phone book, Lori?

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 280 days ago


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1604.10 - 10:10


NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: