Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #448 - Staining the Deck with Dad (again)




Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #448 - Staining the Deck with Dad (again)

Hi Mom, Dad and I had to stain the deck again. We did this Saturday 1609.24. We power washed Friday 1609.23 in a little rain.

We considered the previous iteration to be "primer" ad the grey resulted from a catastrophic miscommunication with my wife.

Here's the link to the previous work: Hey Mom #357 Work Days with Dad.

It's a special blessing, a gift, to be able to get with my Dad and do this work together just as we used to do when we lived together, starting when I was a young boy. We should commemorate one work day by seeing a film after as we did the day Dad took me to see Jaws after working all day, a film I did not think I would be allowed to see due its graphic violence. That was 1975, and I was very sensitive and impressionable 13 years old.

And so we're work, and I treasure this time with Dad.

And now the boring photos.

First, power washing.





Then picking out a color and making sure Liesel approves.



And then we start to apply stain with edging and railings.






And then we begin to roll on the stain.



And then I forget to take a picture midway through rolling, so we're done!





There's some spots I missed but you can't see the big one on the post.
Also, there's a little grey peeking through on board edges. It may stay that way unless it drives me mad.







Thanks, Dad, the Big Guy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 450 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1609.27 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: