Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #618 - My 2017 NCAA March Madness Bracket




Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #618 - My 2017 NCAA March Madness Bracket

Hi Mom,

Dad and I subjected you to a lot of March Madness basketball over the last 15 years whether Michigan was in the tournament or not. Hey, and I got Dad and Lori to post a bracket in a league I play. So Huzzah!

I have always enjoyed filling out a bracket and entering various bracket contests. I won a few hundred dollars one year. Some years I split up my picks and pick differently in each contest or sometimes I just pick different final fours or winners.

This year I am in three leagues (one is a massive public league and two private leagues), and I just copied my picks to all three.

For the second year in a row, I picked Kansas to win it all.

My favorite college teams are Michigan, Western Michigan, Kentucky, and Kansas. These are the teams I actively follow throughout the season.

Though I get some of the news on what's happening from ESPN and a daily viewing of Sportscenter, I have not been watching Sportscenter all the way through lately. I am not devoting as much time to sports fandom as I usually do. I think the state of the nation and this "presidency" has killed my interest in sports. My heart's just not in sports fandom as much with the state of things in this nation.

In any case, I did a bracket, and I filled out some upsets so let's see if I am right.

I have UNC Wilmington over Virginia in the first round, and I have them winning through the second round to the Sweet Sixteen. I am counting on Virginia to choke as it often does but also UNC Wilmington is an interesting sleeper.

I have 11th ranked Xavier over Maryland, 11th ranked Rhode Island over Creighton because RI has beaten some good teams.

I have 13th ranked Winthrop over Butler because Winthrop has played tough games better then Butler.

I hate DUKE, but I am picking head against heart and have them winning through to the Elite Eight and losing to Villanova (who won last year, remember?).

I love Michigan and coming off their hot streak of winning the Big Ten, they advance to the Sweet Sixteen but then lose to Oregon.

I love Kentucky, but I have UNC beating them to advance to the Final Four because UNC may be the best team in the country and maybe I should have picked them to win it all, but I didn't.

So that's it. Lots of homework and work today, so I am out.

But hey, some actual original content. Be proud of me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 620 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1703.16 - 9:33

No comments: