Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, August 7, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #762 - Moby's "Novio," the hymn for moving, Musical Monday for 1708.07


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #762 - Moby's "Novio," the hymn for moving, Musical Monday for 1708.07

Hi Mom,

I have a very full day today, so just one song, a little explanation, and a few photos.

Moving is in full swing. Today, along with the help of strong man and hired hand Sam Meyers, I am unloading a bunch of stuff at the land fill rather than paying student haulers to do it. Then we bring the trailer back home and reload with the stuff going to your condo Mom, the one you shared with Dad, where Dad still lives. Then we unload the trailer at my Dad's. Here's some pictures, some with before and after.

But first, here's "Novio" by Moby. Apparently, "Novio" means bridegroom in Spanish, so the meaning is not applicable but the song sounds right for the nostalgia and the letting go that this day represents.

I am sad, but I am also excited to move on and start fresh.

Part of the sadness comes the fact that I am still hanging on to things from childhood. Moving stuff to your place, Mom, is a way to delay getting rid of the stuff and to give myself time to properly pass on the stuff in a way that I find appropriate and valuable.

Visits to Kalamazoo will be about dealing with my stuff as much as visiting and seeing people that I love.

But I am both sad and excited for this opportunity.

So... the sound of "Novio," on repeat.




Two photos of the load going to the landfill. 

The landfill was smelly.

landfill load 1708.07

landfill load 1708.07


Stuff going to Dad's. BEFORE shot, stuff still in my basement. Please note design on floor to compare with "after" shots.


.........................................AFTER......



........................before...................


.........................................AFTER......




And now, that stuff at Dad's. For comparison, you can still see the Rock 'em - Sock 'em robots box, which contains the original toy. That's one of the toys I will have the most difficult time getting rid of, and it may end up being one of the toys I keep.


Stuff that was already at Dad's.......


So far, my main stack of stuff going west. This is the slimmed down library and assorted materials that are needed for me to survive as a writer and communicator.


Goodbye Library......



I am not sure if any of my current Facebook or Twitter friends will recognize the Nexus 7 shirt. That was the handmade (by my pal John Locke) shirt for my very first Ultimate team, named for the next nexus of androids in Bladerunner. The ones Deckard hunted were Nexus 6 models. The next iteration (maybe Rachel?) were Nexus 7.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 764 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1708.07 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: