Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #778 - Traveling - Trip West Day Three

Near Barnesville, MN
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #778 - Traveling - Trip West Day Three

Hi Mom,

Still traveling to the west coast and my new home in Woodland, Washington. I am transporting the dogs with my Dad's help across the country.

I am restricting myself to one photo and limited content because I am publishing this two days later, and I need to be mindful of time. Plus, I am trying to work when I can and when I have good Internet. Today's hotel, two days from this posted date, has good Internet.

So far the trip has gone well and what has not gone well has been easily handled. We are lucky. We are blessed.

On the way to Bismarck, North Dakota, where we were scheduled to stay tonight, Wednesday, August 23rd, we ran out of gas on a long stretch of highway.

We were one mile from an exit that had no services, though I did not know that from the sign near where our car failed from lack of fuel.

Dad had been keeping his eyes on the road as he was driving 80 MPH, and I was working and had stopped checking the gas gauge frequently.

Services were five miles behind us, and I am glad I did not have to walk five miles.

A nice young man, 23 years old, single father, farmer, construction tradesman named Dalton stopped and gave me a lift to get gas, and then brought me back to fill up. Then, when I forgot to screw the gas cap back in place, he chased us down, as we returned to that same gas station to fill up and returned it just as I discovered it was missing.

Dad gave Dalton his secret emergency fund.

What could have been a many hour long delay and an enormous frustration became a one hour delay and a pleasure to be helped my such a good samaritan.

There are good people in this world.

Okay, here's a second picture.

Coaxing Ellory to eat breakfast - Riverside Inn, Cold Spring, MN 1708.23
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 780 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1708.23 - 10:10

NOTE on time: When I post late, I had been posting at 7:10 a.m. because Google is on Pacific Time, and so this is really 10:10 EDT. However, it still shows up on the blog in Pacific time. So, I am going to start posting at 10:10 a.m. Pacific time, intending this to be 10:10 Eastern time. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. But I am not going back and changing all the 7:10 a.m. times. But I will run this note for a while. Mom, you know that I am posting at 10:10 a.m. often because this is the time of your death.

No comments: