Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1020 - Saturday to Ikea and Tequila Recovery

Wall of Awesome - Escape from New York Pizza - Portland, OR
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1020 - Saturday to Ikea and Tequila Recovery
Hi Mom,

So, here's some recent pictures and stuff I did.

Most of the photos come from our trip, today, Saturday April 21st to Ikea to spend the gift card given to us by Comcast before it expires.

Here, L. captures one of the funniest moments that's happened lately as explained here in this first post. Here's the posts and some of the comments.




My wife says I never laugh. There's a picture of me cracking up!
For real, that's the first time I have seen that face on her. :-)

So, then after Ikea Hell, we sought solace in alcohol with a beer flight, some gin and tonic sampling, and food at Matador, which involved tequila and margaritas as seen here.

SIDENOTE: Lots of poseurs who advise people on job seeking suggest not posting anything about drinking and other supposed vices to social media, especially discouraged is putting the word "tequila" in the title of a blog post. But what gives? Do employers think we do not live normal lives? One margarita hardly makes me a menace to society. Plus, as I drank it, the Trailblazers became the first team eliminated from the 2018 NBA playoffs. I understand the risks of sharing my personal life on the Internet, but I would rather work for a company that wants to hire me because I live an active life with time for fun (and tequila) rather than some company that would frown on one drink, post-Ikea and showing it off on social media.




So, here's some other photos. Some with captions. Labels in other places.

Head On by John Scalzi arrives in the Tower compound for reading
on the day of its release 1804.17

Speaking of books, after drinking and Mexican food, we went to Powell's to obtain a special book by a local author, and so I took some time to find and photograph books by two dear friends of mine.


Gadget Girl and Screaming Divas  by Suzanne Kamata

What Remains by Helene Dunat

Space Ghost and I had some Lychee Drink my dear
wife bought for me

Carnitas at Matador - 1804.21

chips and amazing salsa at Matador


full size smoky margarita as FB post was cut off

artisan beer flight - I like the margarita better!

Lava Flow Shave Ice!!

I was told I am Hawaiian in my heart


from a few weeks back, when Baseball season began and I continued
my grand tradition of writing down scores for my two favorite teams 162 times from March-October
1803.29

YES, there really is a a place in Portland called ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK PIZZA.
That's just too cool... 1804.15


See the main sign? "Make America, America Again." Oh, I love that.




Finally consuming Christmas present beer via Piper Simons - 1803.31

Pickled Radish - I started this log at the end of March and I am still consuming it. Great snack.
1803.30

Puppies who sleep together like sisters - 1804.05

first sun in weeks and Satchel gets right in it - 1804.19
Thanks for looking at my pictures.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1022 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1804.21 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: