Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1025 - 1804.26 - Throwback Thursday

ME - Mom and me Long Lake July 1967

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1025 - 1804.26 - Throwback Thursday

Hi Mom,

As I was sharing yesterday about work-life balance, I am constantly trying to do what's right for my life and my family, and I am too often behind schedule.

This one's going to be short because I have a lot of grading to do and not a full day anymore to do it.

I just applied for a job.

It's always a good day when I apply for a job. I feel like I am making progress and taking care of business.

It's all priorities, right?

BTW, as for this photo, I think I have shared it before. The blog has grown quite enormous, and I did not put a good enough system in place to track photo use. So, this may repeat and yet I think of all my photos this is one worth repeating.

I mention the job thing because I applied for a writing job, and I gave this address. It's conceivable that this post might be the first thing a prospective employer sees.

Hey, it's not always amazing, you know?

But it's daily. Even when I am late, look back, and you will see: there's one posted for every day since July 6th 2015 - 1025 consecutive days. Of all that content, some of it's very original, some is a share with a substantive note, some of it is a share with very little content by me, some of it was on my T-shirt blog, and some is just pictures. Lots of it is stream of consciousness-esque. Not all of it is strictly composed or even edited. Hey, it's a blog. It's meant to be conversational and free and fun, though it started with my grief process, which was hardly "fun."

I have logged over 136,000 page views all the time on this blog, which doubles T-shirts and its 62,000+ page views. And that's views with almost no active promotion. Sure, I send through Twitter to Facebook. I post some of the blog stuff to Linked In, too. But beyond a few hash tags here and there, I don't really promote. I have never made an effort to attract more readers.

I had almost 2000 page views in the last month. That's not my high watermark. I peaked at close to 10,000 page views per month in December 2016-January 2017.

http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2007/06/keeping-misogyny-alive-and-well-for.html

This is my all time most viewed post from before the Hey Mom days and back before I lost my women's studies job. It was one of my very first blog posts, actually, my second.

But it looks like it was hit by some bot as there's 104 junk comments that I just noticed for the first time.

I have known for some time that my blog has often been spidered by bots, but this is the first absolute confirmation I have had of this fact.

In any case, if you're a new reader, or a prospective employer, I am proud of what I do here. It's a necessary outlet for me. Thanks for tuning in.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1027 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1804.26 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: