Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1553 - Heady - THAT ONE THING


Vacuous - http://beeple.tumblr.com/

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1553 - Heady - THAT ONE THING

Is the next stage in human evolution status as nonbinary and bisexual in which single-sexual beings are the exception to the new multiple-normative construction of identity and sexuality?

The bonobos monkeys know an essential truth; we're all bisexual to some degree.

reprint from
https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2015/10/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-91-gender.html

and

https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2019/05/a-sense-of-doubt-blog-post-1550-on.html
I spoke about the inadequacy of terms like "sexual orientation" (sounds like a special camp/workshop that orients a person, IE. points him/her in a direction) or "sexual preference" (sometimes I prefer toast for breakfast; sometimes cereal; this is not right either). And so, I told my students about my preferred term (and the term preferred by many): sexual identity. Because after all, who we are in regards to our gender and our self is all about identity.

And so, then a week or two later, I followed up with a recommendation of Sallie Tisdale's Talk Dirty to Me, as it's a book I taught in the gender course. And so I read the following, written by Sallie Tisdale.
"'We all pretend to be more of a man or a woman than we secretly suspect we are,' writes my friend Laura Miller. Thus, emblems: the tidy little acts of straightening a skirt and freshening makeup, shooting shirt cuffs, ruffling hair. Tiny details, unconscious habits, little trills of pretense and belonging. See me, they say, I am-- whatever I hope I am. We cultivate those things which set us aside from the other, the opposite gender, squarely among our own.
Over the last year, and with considerable surprise, I've come to realize I can't define woman. I can't tell you why I'm sure I am a woman, why others think I am, why my personal and internal experience seems to  fit what culture tells me a woman's experience should be. I am a woman because I look and act like the social convention called "woman." But not wholly, or always. What I once thought a permanent and objective state seems to me more and more like vapor, a fantasia, a wisp" (Tisdale, 41-42).

From Tisdale, Sallie. Talk Dirty to Me. Anchor Books: New York. 1994.

And there's these heads.

originally presented in

https://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2016/03/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-243.html

Omnibus - http://beeple.tumblr.com/
Acceptance - http://beeple.tumblr.com/

d.Tigarious - http://beeple.tumblr.com/

Headswim - http://beeple.tumblr.com/





THAT ONE THING BOILERPLATE: I am creating a new feature called THAT ONE THING for a series of blog posts that are set up ahead of time allowing me to take a break from the daily blogging grind to finish a project take a vacation, or for whatever reason I deem necessary. I like this idea better than setting up a series of complicated shares in advance. THAT ONE THING features an image, a song, a thing, and a few short (VERY SHORT) remarks about it. I feel this allows me better value than a share on which I do not comment. So that's the idea. ENGAGE. Here we go.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1905.22 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1418 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: