Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, February 24, 2020

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1833 - Three for Monday - "Catharsis" and more new stuff - Musical Monday 2002.24

Image result for catharsis motionless in white
https://www.altpress.com/news/motionless-in-white-new-album-disguise/
A Sense of Doubt blog post #1833 - Three for Monday - "Catharsis" and more new stuff - Musical Monday 2002.24

I am sending this back in time. The week of being swallowed by the conference whale is over and now I am tasked with catching up on other work and the blog simultaneously.

I asked one of my students on Thursday 2/27 (three days from the date of this blog) for some musical recommendations.

I have three interesting suggestions here that then end in a cut by Ramshackle Glory who perform in a style known as "folk punk."

Not much commentary today as I am catching up. I am not in love with these songs, but I do think they all have their merits and are interesting.

Here you go.




Catharsis
Song by Motionless in White

Catharsis in darkness
When you can't seem to feel a thing
The absence that haunts you
Won't hurt much longer

Catharsis in darkness
When you can't seem to feel a thing
The absence that haunts you
Won't hurt much longer

This feeling's getting a bit harder to control
A place to feel completed or a place to be alone
The rhythm of rebellion from the rattle in your bones
A sonic liberation, salvation in your headphones

Darkest disguise
Leave it at the door
Bright lights divine
Leave your body on the floor

Catharsis in darkness
When you can't seem to feel a thing
The absence that haunts you
Won't hurt much longer

Stand in the shadows entertaining the unknown
The words I always needed like I wrote them on my own
"I sing for absolution", for the cleansing of my soul
Narcotic is the beating of our hearts to the tempo

Holding through time
Leave it at the door
Bright lights divine
Leave your body on the floor

Catharsis in darkness
When you can't seem to feel a thing
The absence that haunts you
Won't hurt much longer

Catharsis in darkness
When you can't seem to feel a thing
The absence that haunts you
Won't hurt much longer

Catharsis in darkness
A place to feel the words we sing
The absence that haunts you
Won't hurt much longer

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Chris Cerulli / Ricky Olson / Ryan Sitkowski / Justin Morrow / Vinny Mauro
Catharsis lyrics © BMG Rights Management_








+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2002.24 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1696 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: