Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, November 23, 2020

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2106 - Believing in this living is just a hard way to go - Musical Monday 2011.23



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2106 - Believing in this living is just a hard way to go - Musical Monday 2011.23

INAUGURATION COUNTDOWN

58 DAYS to inauguration

Though this mix does not start with Lucy Dacus or Phoebe Bridgers -- artists I have discovered because of my step-daughter -- the core of the mix focuses on music by them. The main theme and title comes from John Prine's "Angel From Montgomery" as sang by Bonnie Raitt and in the end of the mix Bonnie Raitt and Ruthie Foster.

I am proud of how this mix came together. There's glue in between the Dacus and Bridgers tracks. I had lots of African-American artists, but I moved those out for a future mix. The new Weller came out when I made this mix, so I added a couple from that effort. I "found" some via You Tube serendipitously. And I added new faves like Japanese Breakfast, Daft Punk, and Sevdaliza with other older faves like Sinead O'Connor and Lucius. I also bookended the whole thing with "Angel From Montgomery," which feels good.

The songs story is really not about fighting Covid-19 and the heroism and sacrifice of the healthcare workers on the front lines, women featured here.

We are all getting pandemic fatigue, but we must remain strong, support those in healthcare, and observe public health guidelines because "to believe in this living is just a hard way to go."

Thanks for tuning in today.


[1] Bonnie Raitt-Angel from Montgomery
[2] Joni Mitchell - You Dream Flat Tires
[3] Lucy Dacus - "Addictions" (Official Music Video)
[4] Phoebe Bridgers - Garden Song (Official Video)
[5] Still Corners - The Trip
[6] Nerina Pallot - Geek Love (Live At SWR3 New Pop Festival)
[7] Kawehi ~ "Mad World" at The Kessler Theater in Dallas, Texas (USA)
[8] Lucy Dacus - "Night Shift" (Austin City Limits)
[9] Phoebe Bridgers - I Know the End (Official Video)
[10] SEVDALIZA - LAMP LADY
[11] Japanese Breakfast - Boyish (Official Video)
[12] Lucius - Two Of Us On The Run | Honey I'm Home Session
[13] Lucy Dacus - "In The Air Tonight" (Phil Collins cover)
[14] Clan Of Xymox - A Day (HD music video 1985)
[15] Paul Weller | Earth Beat (Official Audio)
[16] Phoebe Bridgers - Motion Sickness (Official Video)
[17] I Am Kawehi - Elle King | Jace Everett | Amy Winehouse | Mashup | Quarantine Sessions #1
[18] Japanese Breakfast - Everybody Wants To Love You (Official Video)
[19] Sinead O'Connor - Make Me a Channel of Your Peace - Late Late Show 26/03/93
[20] Lucy Dacus - Nonbeliever (Live at The Current)
[21] Paul Weller - Long Long Road (Lyric Video)
[22] Daft Punk | Something About Us | Pomplamoose
[23] The Surfrajettes - Ghost Train
[24] Phoebe Bridgers - Savior Complex (Copycat Killer Version) 
[25] Lucy Dacus - "I Don't Wanna be Funny Anymore" (Official Music Video)
[26] Demi Lovato - The Lincoln Project presents our music video for "Commander in Chief"
[27] The Style Council - Walls Come Tumbling Down! (Official Video)
[28] Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 - FOOL ON THE HILL 
[29] Cowboy Junkies "Powderfinger" (Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cover) Latent Uncovers
[30] Bonnie Raitt & Ruthie Foster "Angel From Montgomery" Road To Austin

ANGEL FROM MONTGOMERY

I am an old woman named after my mother
My old man is another child that's grown old
If dreams were lightning, thunder were desire
This old house would have burnt down a long time ago
Make me an angel that flies from Montgomery
Make me a poster of an old rodeo
Just give me one thing that I can hold on to
To believe in this living is just a hard way to go
When I was a young girl, well, I had me a cowboy
He weren't much to look at, just a free rambling man
But that was a long time and no matter how I try
The years just flow by like a broken down dam
Make me an angel that flies from Montgomery
Make me a poster of an old rodeo
Just give me one thing that I can hold on to
To believe in this living is just a hard way to go
There's flies in the kitchen, I can hear 'em there buzzing
And I ain't done nothing since I woke up today
How the hell can a person go to work in the morning
And come home in the evening and have nothing to say?
Make me an angel that flies from Montgomery
Make me a poster of an old rodeo
Just give me one thing that I can hold on to
To believe in this living is just a hard way to go

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: John Prine
Angel From Montgomery lyrics © Warner Chappell Music, Inc









+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2011.23 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1970 days ago


- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: