Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, August 19, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2740 - Monica Byrne on The Actual Star with Kim Stanley Robinson



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2740 - Monica Byrne on The Actual Star with Kim Stanley Robinson

Monica Byrne was the first artist to whom I pledged money on Patreon, and the only one who I have never lowered my donation or dropped entirely.

ART IS WORK as she advocated so as to make a living wage as an artist.

And learning about events like this one much earlier than the rest of the world, plus seeing her produce great art, make my annual donation total worth it each it, more than worth it.

Confession: I have not yet read The Actual Star, even though it has been in my possession for almost a full year. I will soon. The lack of reading is not evidence of a lack of desire. Just other things have taken precedent.

The conversation linked below was very good.

Thanks for tuning in.


Last night's event with Kim Stanley Robinson was INCREDIBLE. What a wonderful conversation. And enough of you nudged me about making it accessible to all, that I asked the good folks at Flyleaf if they could remove the password after it aired, and they said sure, so...

HERE IS THE RECORDING OF THE EVENT! 

You have to log in to view it, but that just means it'll prompt you to sign in with your Gmail or a social media account. (I'd go with the Gmail option, since the other routes ask for access to your data, blegh.) But if you want to bypass Crowdcast altogether and don't mind not seeing the video, I uploaded the audio (recorded on my phone) here. You can hear the rain on Stan's end and the cicadas on my end! (If you prefer YouTube, let me know--I started uploading it and it's taking FOREVER with my crappy upload speed, but I can post the link in the comments later.)

Thank you to all who came. Thank you to all who nudged me. And this is super nice of Flyleaf to do, so feel free to buy any book from them as a token of appreciation :) 

Okay. Back to packing!

Love,

Monica

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2208.19 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2604 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: