Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2745 - All for Equality - Equality for All - Blogging Backwards in Time



A Sense of Doubt blog post #2745 - All for Equality - Equality for All - Blogging Backwards in Time


So, there's that sinking feeling when you find something wrong with a system and feel deep and uncomfortable uncertainty until it's fixed.

Because even though I preach zealously that we should EMBRACE UNCERTAINTY because doubt (hence the name of this blog) leads to personal growth and maybe even humility (You're NOT always right), I don't like uncertainty in systems I maintain.

I don't want to be uncertain about where the coffee is when it's time to make it the night before; if I was a student I would not like uncertainty about what I am supposed to do, how to do it, and when, hence being a transparent teacher (or hoping I am); and I want the number of published posts according to BLOGGER to match the number of the post according to me.

So it was with great angst that yesterday morning (I am writing this post on Tuesday, October 18th, 2022), I noticed published was at 2797 posts, but I had just  published #2798 on Sunday.

Where's the error?

All the way back on August 24th, I did not publish a Sense of Doubt #2745, which was supposed to be WHERE ARE THE ALIENS but that one is still in production.

And then I didn't notice that the published number and my number were ONE OFF for almost TWO WHOLE MONTHS. Yes, I am kinda shouting.

How can this happen? I mean, my vacation happened during that time period. One would think I would have noticed during my vacation. Apparently, I did not.

And, if Blogger did not allow the posting back in time, I would just have to live with it or jury rig a change (posting two in one day when I catch the error), and it would ALWAYS BOTHER ME.

But despite criticisms I have of Blogger and it's "new" system, one forced on us a year ago? Two? I forget, I like the posting back in time thing as I use it all the time.

So here's a post to fix the count error, and it's published almost two full months backwards in time, which is probably my record.

Here's a THAT ONE THING for August 24th, and an image that amazingly, I don't think I have featured all by itself yet.

Thanks for tuning in.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2208.24 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2609 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: