Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2751 - Writer's Retreat Starts Tomorrow: EUREKA, CA

Humboldt_Bay_and_Eureka_aerial_view

A Sense of Doubt blog post #2751 - Writer's Retreat Starts Tomorrow: EUREKA, CA

I finished LCC final grades yesterday.

And now, I leave tomorrow on a vacation. Though I went to Seattle in May (see this), that trip was the first and the farthest I have been from home since September 2019. Surely, there would have been travel in 2020, but there was a pandemic (there still is?).

And so, I decided to do a Writer's Retreat like I used to do. I chose Eureka, CA simply because it looked pretty, it's on the ocean, it's far enough away that it feels like getting "away from home," which means getting out of both Washington state, where I live, and Oregon, which kind of also where I live as I am in the Portland, OR metropolitan area.

I would be truly ecstatic if I had not work at all for WORK and could just write, read, eat, walk, eat, write, write, write. Though I finished LCC on Monday the 29th for the Summer quarter of 2022, I still have to prepare for Fall quarter, though I do not need to bear down on that work as the quarter starts September 19th. However, I completely re-designing my Canvas for English 101, so that's some work.

And I still have two courses at Park University that are entering Week Three.

So, my plan is to JAM all of my grading once I arrive in Eureka on Thursday and Friday, and then just maintain the expected daily activity Saturday-Tuesday and just write like a maniac.

My goal is to make progress in a few projects but mainly build momentum to be able to write daily or nearly daily even if it's just about fifteen minutes. I tend to get nervous about work and often start that right away. And when I don't start work early in the morning, I work on this blog rather than write fiction.

So, time to change how I do things because the Fall will be difficult with early mornings at school Monday-Thursday. I am going to have to squeeze in that writing time.

I want to manage this blog so that I am ahead on it (at least a week ahead) and that I work on it in the evenings and on the weekends to stay ahead and reserve mornings for writing, especially since I will probably get up at least twice a week at 4 a.m.

So I am off to Eureka to get some writing done.

Wish me good travels, good fortune, and good activity.

Carson Mansion

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2208.30 - 10:10

- Days ago = 2615 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: