Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, January 19, 2024

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3258 - My Birthday 2024

1966

A Sense of Doubt blog post #3258 - My Birthday 2024

This year on my blog on my birthday instead of reprints just links and a few pictures from times gone by.

I am writing this post the day after my birthday and sending it back in time.

It was a good birthday.

I took the day off work and relaxed.

I read and napped with the new puppy.

I was baked a delicious lemon cake, unexpected as I had said I did not need a cake (I am so much like my Dad sometimes), and we had DOOR DASH from the Thai place in Woodland. And I still have both as leftovers.

We watched Killers of the Flower Moon, which was REALLY long and good, though not great.

I would have preferred to watch something else.

But then I get the Lions game in two days (tomorrow from the point of this writing). 

I don't want to jinx them, but I so want them to win.

Thanks for tuning in.




SENSE OF DOUBT BIRTHDAY LINKS

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Friday, January 19, 2018

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Tuesday, January 19, 2016


This next link is not specifically a post on the day of my birth, but it is an archive of all the pictures I could find (there's more in boxes at my sister's) of the cakes my father decorated. Some really gorgeous work in frosting!!

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Though my birthday is not in the title of the next link, during the T-shirt blog year, this was the post from my birthday.

Sunday, January 19, 2014


PHOTOS!!

My cake this year, my 8th birthday, might be a list of all the boys in the Cub Scott troop of which my mother was the Den mother and my Dad the Pack master.

1970



Birthday 1973 with friend Jeb Jacobs
please not the Alfred E, Neumann cake



1974 - Captain America Cake



1969 - the pic of the cake in the archive blog post is not easy to identify

1971 - Hulk cake!
Is that my Dad's first cake creation?






MORE FROM 1973

I believe I am holding a yo-yo in the photo below.

No, I did not get a Raggedy Ann game for my birthday. We always got one present on the other child's birthday, so that game was my sisters present.

Hey, look, the fish tank!

It's 1973, so I am not surprised to get the Peace bumper sticker.

Can yo spot Michael Jackson's album, the soundtrack to the movie Ben?

The tape recorder was a big deal for me as an aspiring singer (at that time).

I was really into Mad Magazine, which is why this is the year of the Alfred E. Neumann cake.



I suspect that this picture is from Easter, not my birthday


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2401.19 - 10:10

- Days ago = 3122 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: