Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Also,

Thursday, July 23, 2026

A Sense of Doubt blog post #4175 - Letter to Dad #45 - Mumps? A Victory, New Stuff, and an Author Event


A Sense of Doubt blog post #4175 - Letter to Dad #45 - Mumps? A Victory, New Stuff, and an Author Event

Hey Big Guy,

On the back of the photo above, Mom wrote: "swollen glands: mumps?"

I am not sure that I see the swelling but then I have few points of comparison.

What's on my shirt? The word "hate" is visible, but I doubt it's an "I hate" something shirt.

But I have no idea what it says.

I am dragging a little as I was up past my bed time last night to go to an author event with a friend.
It was an amazing event, very inspiring. And now I have a new favorite author/artist as Ocean Vuong (the author I went to see) was interviewed by Dao Strom (my new fave), who is also a musician and lives here in Portland.

Following up on last week's reported school thing, I WON!! I can't believe it.

I am still trying to process that I won out on my complaint and my grade was changed, restoring my A and setting me up to very likely finish with a 4.0 GPA overall as I don’t think the support classes for the internship are more than a pass/fail situation. I just can’t believe I won my argument. I didn’t expect to. But I was right. Now, I have 180 pts left to earn = 150 in the final project (third part of what I got the zero on initially) and a 30 pt quiz. I tend to always get full credit on the tests and quizzes. So that leaves the project and I can get as a low as a 100/150 and still keep my A. I doubt I will score that low. I tend to do great work, and this time I will not forget to attach the articles. So, that’s all a huge relief.

I had attached SO MUCH self worth to my GPA, it was difficult to adjust to maybe losing the 4.0, but now I am likely to keep it. And then I am essentially done.

Satchel is about the same, though the cough sometimes sounds scary and sometimes just like it was before the meds. She finished the antibiotic and is still coughing so likely not an infection.

Short report this week because I need to walk the dogs, do work outside as it is much cooler today, and run to town. TRIM on my driver's door popped loose and needs gluing, which I hope the auto place can do easily and inexpensively and without an appointment.

Don't feel like cooking or grilling today so either eating left overs or getting some kind of take out.

New food truck at the marina has hamburgers and CHILI DOGS!!!

You would be happy to learn, BG, that my friend, the one who went to the author thing with me, is a handyman and will help me with projects around the house.

More next week.

Love you,
christopher

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2607.23 - 10:10

- Days ago: MOM = 4039 days ago & DAD = 693 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I post Hey Mom blog entries on special occasions. I post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day, and now I have a second count for Days since my Dad died on August 28, 2024. I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of Mom's death, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of her death and sometimes 13:40 EDT for the time of Dad's death. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: