Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1041 - San Diego 1805.09-11

Harbor Island Drive at sunset

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1041 - San Diego 1805.09-11

Hi Mom,

I know you love these trip reports.

I am still in catch up mode, which I am trying to manage around doing lots of other work.

Flights to San Diego are inexpensive, and meeting my friend there for three days was a great idea.

It was a definite highlight of the trip to spend time with my wife's family (and now my family), meeting Tasha's sister Rebecca for the first time. Thank you to everyone for a glorious dinner at C Level as noted in the post.

https://www.cohnrestaurants.com/islandprime




I had to use this Facebook post, which I edited because my original Instagram post had typos in it.




Lunch before getting on the to go back home. Unwisely, I chose to go to San Diego in the middle of final grades. This meant grading in the airport and on the plane to San Diego and grading all day the day I left. To free up time, my friend left in the morning on Friday, but my flight was not until four p.m. So I hung out in the hotel restaurant, where they held my bag, gave my delicious coffee with huge carafes of almond milk, and then a light lunch of poké as I graded hard core. I submitted one set of final grades in the restaurant and the other in the airport. Power availability everywhere (it's in the seats in the waiting area in San Diego) and free wifi. This is a good lesson for me in managing work and fun both.



I didn't manage to read much Snow Crash. But I love streaming live Baseball audio in my ears via my phone app while watching closed-caption soaps on a TV and having a nice lunch before getting on the plane to San Diego.



For some reason, my brain did not register Petco the pet store in hearing the name of the stadium for years until I attended and saw the doggie logos.


My best pal with his Tony Gwynn bobble-head, his favorite Baseball player of all time.


Some street art...


Lunch on Thursday May 10 at a Mediterranean place where my friend hoped to get Falafel. I had a nice salad and a huge iced tea.



On that first night, enroute to dinner, Keith, Rochelle, and I were all dropped at the wrong place, which was luckily at the other end of Harbor Island Drive, a peninsula strip between an inner harbor and the ocean. The lucky part is that the strip is 1.4 miles long, so our walk to get to the right restaurant was short and at sunset.





Views from Hotel Indigo rooftop bar; you can see right into Petco Park!



The taxi from the airport drove me around traffic jams by going through the harbor parking lot.


At least I think I am somewhat funny. Others may disagree...




This picture below is not from the San Diego trip, but I had not posted it to the blog yet, so...



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = ## days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - date - time

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: