Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Monday, May 21, 2018

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1050 - Everybody's Coming to My House - Musical Monday for 1805.21

http://altcitizen.com/watch-david-byrne-everybodys-coming-to-my-house-american-utopia/
Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1050 - Everybody's Coming to My House - Musical Monday for 1805.21

Hi Mom,

I like how this mix developed. I started with the first song, which I saved in a draft. Then I let You Tube suggested tracks guide me, though I was somewhat choosy about which tracks I selected. My goal was to have an emphasis on David Byrne tracks, especially his solo work and collaborations rather than his work with Talking Heads. From the start I knew I would share one Talking Heads song and which it would be, but I was surprised and excited to find a new video for "This Must be the Place (Naive Melody)" from a movie of that name that I did know existed. I knew I would grab a song with St. Vincent and at least one track from the last collaboration with Brian Eno.

Beyond that, I let You Tube suggest tracks, and I was pleased with the choices. The new Thievery Corporation track, which I have shared twice before in recent mixes, came up right away along with the Sneaker Pimps song. I was thrilled to find a cover I did not know existed of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" by Brian Eno. Beyond that, I ended up with two Bryne-Eno tracks from the 2008 album Everything That Happens Will Happen Today. I also like that You Tube may know my favorite song with St. Vincent -- "Who" -- and suggested it to me. I am not sure if I had seen the video yet. Great video!! And it served as a great follow up to "6 Underground" by Sneaker Pimps.

But tracks like "Angel" by Massive Attack and "The Last Day" by Moby (live!!) were revelations that I had not expected. However, I most excited about discovering new music in tracks 9-11. Though I have posted at least on track by Lamb before I did not know Hammock or Broken Bells at all.

Yeah for blog search!!
Here's where I shared a Lamb track before.

http://sensedoubt.blogspot.com/2016/07/hey-mom-talking-to-my-mother-370.html

You Tube had shown me the Broken Bells track "Holding on For Life" before because of its science fiction themes, though I did not play it. There's another song with a woman in a space suit, but be dammed if I can find it. Anyway, along with most of the videos in this mix, the Lamb, Hammock, and Broken Bells songs have great videos with Hammock perhaps being the least interesting despite its arresting image.

Below you will find three ways to access this mix: the link to You Tube, the individual videos to play from this page, and at the end the video link for the entire playlist.

This is a good mix with songs that flow well, one into the other.

It's a thing... "like humans do"...


1.    David Byrne - "Everybody's Coming To My House" by David Byrne - 3:30
2.    Thievery Corporation - "Voyage Libre" [Official Music Video] by Thievery Corporation 3:58   
3. Sneaker Pimps - "6 Underground" - Official Video [HD] by drewmatic22  3:56
4.    David Byrne & St. Vincent - "Who" (Official Video) by 4AD 3:54
5.    Brian Eno & David Byrne - "Home" by kaladj 5:08
6.    David Byrne & Brian Eno - "Life is Long" by john768 3:38
7.    Brian Eno "Ring Of Fire" by izbro 5:40
8.    David Byrne- "Like Humans Do" by Chris Bristow 3:35
9.    Massive Attack - "Angel" by Reemet1989 6:19
10.   Lamb - "What Makes Us Human" by LAMB 4:22
11.   Hammock - "Sinking Inside Yourself" by Intr0naut 6:02
12.   Broken Bells - "Holding On For Life" by brokenbellsmusic 4:33
13.   Moby- "The Last Day" feat. Skylar Grey (Live at The Fonda, L.A.) by Moby 7:08
14.   Talking Heads / David Byrne - "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)" by Kilgore Trout 4:38


Link to playlist on You Tube

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaTfLN8TA5ix4x601wXBX_9FkwnwFKLM1













































FULL PLAYLIST AS EMBEDDED VIDEO




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you tomorrow, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1052 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1805.21 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom.

No comments: