Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1510 - Verlander - Finest Inning Ever Pitched


A Sense of Doubt blog post #1510 - Verlander - Finest Inning Ever Pitched

I love JV.

I wish he was still a Tiger, but hey, now I am very partial to the Astros when I NEVER was before, except that one year that played in the World Series and lost TO THE WHITE SOX (2005).

And I cheered them on in 2017 (when they WON) because they were playing the Dodgers who had beaten my Cubs, so okay. No problem.

Verlander. Sigh. Thanks for the memories.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2018/12/22/18152775/verlanders-impossible-inning-the-finest-inning-ever-pitched-as



Verlander's Impossible Inning: The finest inning ever pitched as analysed by Foolish Baseball


DISCLAIMER: I did not write this, produce this, or have any part in making it.

Youtube Channel Foolish Baseball did a piece on an Inning that Justin Verlander threw back in 2012 against the Indians. Fueled by "White hot rage", Verlander pitched an inning so statistically outlandish that it is borderline impossible.
The piece is absolutely fantastic, and highlights how absolutely unique that Justin Verlander is. Plus, the author used many of the statistics, gifs, and pieces of data i've explored in my occasional writing here. AND. I was at this game. So, lots of specialness in my eyes.

The piece ends with a commentary on how the incredible Tigers core of 2012 never won a championship, and it took Verlander going to the Astros after 13 years as a Tiger to win his ring. Which, honestly, is rather saddening.

So watch Verlander buckle knees, break physics, melt hearts, and blow away indians in one of his finest performances.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1404.09

- Days ago = 1375 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: