Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, October 4, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1690 - The End of Fantasy Baseball Season - 2019



A Sense of Doubt blog post #1690 - The End of Fantasy Baseball Season - 2019

Here's a round up of my fantasy sports play! Out of the seven leagues I play, I took first in only one league, and not one of the ones I run as commissioner.

As you can see, I took THIRD in three leagues, including FELLOWSHIP, one of the two I run. I took fourth in another. Though in one league I bombed at twelfth out of twelve, I managed to beat my eighth place start in Tiger Towne (my other league as commish) and end up at seventh.


I am impressed with my play in this league. I came into the playoffs ranked FIFTH and managed to take first. This league is crazy. There's tons of categories. I got lucky. My team is pretty good and I made smart free agent pick ups. But check it. My star, Mike Trout, was out for the entire playoffs. Castellanos also did not play the last week of the season, and he was a second half stud for me.

I made a trade of Jose Abreu for Ryan Braun in this league, which I think worked out for me, especially with Braun's dual 1B and OF status.



Third place here - I am the DETROIT TIGERS (of course).



Third here, too, which is disappointing as I came into the playoffs in second.


Though I have won this league in the past, I have not fared as well in recent years., I would blame the keeper league status, but even my friend Bill's team (Streamers), stacked with great players, dod not crack the top five. 
It's not just a keeper thing, and I am keeper weak, because in my Fellowship league, also a keeper league, I made third.
I am just happy to beat my eighth rank to take seventh.


My roster is pretty damn good. Not sure why I did not win more...



Here's the other league I run as commish.  It's an exile league from a terribly run league by a real asshole. I formed this league out of the players he banished or turned off. We have fun, and I like running a roto points league in addition to Tiger Towne, which is head-to-head.

I almost made second in this league, and I was in second for a day or two in the last week, but I couldn't sustain it.




Again, my team is pretty good. I am not sure why Jeff Beck had such a commanding lead. He's pretty highly ranked in each category except OPS and Quality Starts. It's really strange that I was first in stolen bases as I always boot that category. I don't care about it at all. That was pure luck. Clearly, I need more homers and RBIs, though the homer leader came in ninth.





And just for fun...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1910.04 -10:10

- Days ago = 1553 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: