Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Sunday, October 6, 2019

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1692 - Watchmen previews (and content) - new and old


A Sense of Doubt blog post #1692 - Watchmen previews (and content) - new and old

My students are reading the graphic novel Watchmen and writing about it. I already showed them one of the previews for the new show, but I thought I might show another and/or a preview from the so-so movie from a few years ago. I also wanted this entry to be a landing place for more video content and for some of my best links for students to consult as they work on Watchmen.

A Sense of Doubt blog post #1468 - Damon Lindelof’s Watchmen Series is Coming to HBO Next Year!
A Sense of Doubt blog post #1447 - Alan Moore Legacy and Top Ten plus some comic book stuff
A Sense of Doubt blog post #1445 - My Watchmen Analysis for class - LCC - ENGLISH 101
A Sense of Doubt blog post #1440 - Re-Reading WATCHMEN




WATCHMEN HBO TV SHOW UPDATE

https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/24/damon-lindelof-watchmen-hbo-series-alan-moore-tca-2019/

Lindelof did promise, however, that the original source material isn’t being retconned or rewritten in his HBO version. “We reexplore the past but it’s canon,” he says. “Everything that happened in those 12 issues could not be messed with. We were married to it. There is no rebooting it.”
And while fans may be wary of another Watchmen adaptation without Moore’s seal of approval, Lindelof explains that he’s a fan of the original as well.
“All I can say is I love the source material,” Lindelof says. “I went through a very intense period of terror of f—ing it up. I’m not entirely sure I’m out of that tunnel. But I have a tremendous amount of respect for this. I had to separate myself a little bit from this incredible reverence to take risks.”
Watchmen debuts in October on HBO.



















THE NEW HBO SHOW



























+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 1910.06 - 10:10

- Days ago = 1555 days ago

- New note - On 1807.06, I ceased daily transmission of my Hey Mom feature after three years of daily conversations. I plan to continue Hey Mom posts at least twice per week but will continue to post the days since ("Days Ago") count on my blog each day. The blog entry numbering in the title has changed to reflect total Sense of Doubt posts since I began the blog on 0705.04, which include Hey Mom posts, Daily Bowie posts, and Sense of Doubt posts. Hey Mom posts will still be numbered sequentially. New Hey Mom posts will use the same format as all the other Hey Mom posts; all other posts will feature this format seen here.

No comments: