Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1204 (SoD #1962) - The Year I Was Born




Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1204 (SoD #1962) - The Year I Was Born

Hi Mom, I will keep this post somewhat simple as I have a tendency to overdo it and tomorrow's will be huge as the weekly hodge podge comes a day early due to July 4th.

Sense of Doubt Blog enters a historic time. And now we embark on 58 days of posts that will all be meaningful to me (and to some of you, too) as the numbers mirror years through which we have lived.

Today's post #1962 matches the year I was born, 1962.

And since I am so close to the five year anniversary of your death, Mom, I thought it would be nice to share some thoughts on 1962 and some of the pictures and blog posts I have devoted to the year of my birth.

So, many things happened in 1962, such as the Cuban Missile Crisis, Marilyn Monroe singing happy birthday to President Kennedy, John Glenn became the first American to orbit the earth, riots as James Meredith enrolls at the University of Mississippi and becomes the first African-American student at that school, NASA's botched first moon lander Ranger 3, Kennedy establishes a consumer bill of rights to protect people from misleading advertising and other fraud, Seattle finishes building the Space Needle, and of course, my favorite bit of news...


United States --- Spider-Man

  • Marvel's Spider-Man superhero makes his first appearance in a comic.
More Information for Spiderman's First Appearance. In June the iconic Marvel superhero Spider-Man made his first appearance in the Amazing Fantasy #15 comic. The issue was dated for August but had actually hit the shelves in June. Created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, Spider-Man was a teenage superhero whose nerdy alter-ego Peter Parker represented adolescent concerns and teenage tribulations in a way that no other comic book superhero had been able to previously. Many teen readers connected to the character making him one of the most popular and enduring comic series characters in history.





Cynthia Coffman (murderer).pngAnd born the same day as I was, a woman who would grow up to be convicted for the murder of two women committed with her boyfriend for which she received the death penalty in 1990 and is still awaiting execution. She insists that she suffered abuse and was brainwashed.

Coffman's attorneys say that she loved Marlow but that he battered, brainwashed and starved her, so she did not run from Marlow when the crime spree began.[4]



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1962_in_the_United_States



January 19 – Cynthia Coffman, convicted murderer



And some news reels...








PAST BLOGS AND PHOTOS OF ME IN 1962


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #501- January 29, 1962





Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #502 - The Tower Family - October 1962







Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #529 - Me and Mom 3 1/2 Months








Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #596 - Me and Mom 3.5 months 1962-Photo Series One #16





Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1067 - Me and Mom - Early April 1962 - Throwback Thursday for 1806.07

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reflect and connect.

Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

I miss you so very much, Mom.

Talk to you soon, Mom.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Days ago = 1826 days ago

- Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2007.02 - 10:10

NEW (written 1708.27 and 1907.04) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. Dropped "Talk to you tomorrow, Mom" in the sign off on 1907.04. Should have done it sooner as this feature is no longer daily.

No comments: