Hey, Mom! The Explanation.

Here's the permanent dedicated link to my first Hey, Mom! post and the explanation of the feature it contains.

Friday, July 17, 2020

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1206 (SoD #1977) - - Young and the Restless suspended production returns


Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #1206 (SoD #1977) - - Young and the Restless suspended production returns

Hi Mom,

I know the world is still on fire, and I have backed off (a little) on my near constant rotation of news about the Covid-19 pandemic, the Black Lives Matter protests for I Can't Breathe after the murder of George Floyd among others, new #Metoo actions against so many toxic men and their predatory behaviors and misconduct in many industries, including my beloved comic book and speculative fiction industries, among many other stories that are endemic of our life in the STATE OF THE HATE NATION.

Stay tuned. More on all those things in tomorrow's weekly hodge podge.

But I also like variety. And so, it's time for a post dedicated to the long-running soap opera The Young and the Restless, which I have watched devotedly since its inception in 1973. It is something I did with you, Mom, and it has been a part of my life for the MAJORITY of my life (47 years). In fact, even more than comic books or weekly TV shows or other serialized fictions, The Young and the Restless, known as Y&R among fans, is probably the chief thing responsible for my love of episodic fiction. Just think about it. An episodic story that has unfolded for FORTY-SEVEN YEARS with a new episode of the ongoing story delivered EVERY DAY (five days a week) year around. That's just so amazing.

Say what you want about the "quality" of the story telling, and many of you will, be a snob and look down on the low-brow entertainment, be critical of the melodrama and the "after school special" feel of the content, I have heard it all. I mean, come on, I have STUDIED stories and literature for my whole life. I have degrees in the study. I know the difference between James Joyce or George Elliot or Toni Morrison or Colson Whitehead. I get it. I know the difference.

And yet, Y&R has been such a constant and ever-present part of my life that I love it deeply and passionately. It is my comfort food. It also makes me feel close to you, Mom, just like these

Hey, Mom! Talking to My Mother #418 - Y&R - 11,000 Episodes

and

Hey, Mom! Talking to my Mom #4 - Last Y&R watched together aired Tuesday 1506.30

and

T-shirt #366, pt-1 - More on Y&R
I often fall behind on watching it. I literally had OVER a hundred episodes back logged on my DVR (which I have learned is in the cloud) at one time.

Because production of new episodes ended in April, I am almost caught up on watching the last of the new ones, and most of the 30-some episode I have recorded are re-runs, which I will watch for nostalgia factor. I mean, come on, in 2016 Y&R celebrated airing its 11,000th episode!! And at about 200 some episodes a year, the total is probably 11,600+ now. So, watching most any re-run is going to be a fresh experience with so many watched and forgotten.

I miss watching Y&R with you, Mom. But as long as they air new ones, I will watch them.

I am glad they are being safe in the pandemic. I am glad they halted production plans amid a surge of cases in California.

Thanks Y&R. I can watch re-runs until it's safe for the cast and crew to return to work.










Young & The Restless

https://tvline.com/2020/07/01/young-and-the-restless-new-episodes-return-date/

As California reels from an alarming surge in coronavirus cases, The Young and The Restless has pushed back its production restart date, TVLine has learned. The CBS soap — which was initially slated to get back to work on July 6 — is now set to resume shooting one week later, on July 13.
An insider cautions that the situation is fluid and the July 13 date could change.
CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful resumed production on June 17, making it the first scripted series on U.S. soil to get back up and running following Hollywood’s three-month, coronavirus-imposed shutdown. That said, B&B temporarily pressed pause on its return, after it got waylaid by too many false positives and had to contract a new testing company. Both B&B and Y&R ran out of new episodes in April, and have since been filling the void with theme weeks of reruns.
https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/569656/young-restless-return-production/

On June 22, Deadline is reporting that The Young and the Restless is looking to become the second soap opera to return to filming new episodes after Bold and Beautiful’s return to the set last week. The report explains that producers on Young and Restless have issued a letter to the cast and crew members advising them that preparations are underway for a tentative start date of July 6. It’s made clear that the date is not set in stone, but rather a goal they’re aiming toward.
Young and Restless show-runners have been in contact with their co-horts on sister soap, Bold and Beautiful, who undertook the first return to filming a drama series in the United States, with scenes shot on Wednesday June 17. The next day, however, the CBS soap was forced to pause production once again, with a plan to return tomorrow, Tuesday June 23.
Bold and Beautiful lifted the halt on production after L.A. County gave the go-ahead for television and movie sets to resume after three months of lockdown, with a stringent set of safety protocols in place. Sets were divided into zones, face coverings to be worn by cast and crew whenever possible, and extensive viral testing was undertaken before actors, or anyone else involved in the production, could be cleared for the set. Scenes with children were written out of scripts, and in a move that had soap viewers full of speculation, Bold and Beautiful revealed spouses and blow-up dolls could be used to get around limitations in filming intimate scenes.
The ongoing testing appeared to be the sticking point that caused Bold and Beautiful the need to regroup as they took time off to work on their testing protocols. Watch this spot for ongoing updates and view the gallery below to see some Young and the Restless couples that fans expressed having missed…

https://deadline.com/2020/06/the-young-and-the-restless-eyes-july-production-restart-date-tentative-plan-1202966319/

EXCLUSIVE: The Young and the Restless is poised to become the second U.S. daytime drama to return to the set. I hear the producers for the soap have sent a letter to the cast and crew, notifying them of a tentative plan to restart production on July 6.
As is the case with any production plans during the pandemic, which are in flux because COVID-19 conditions change daily, I hear July 6 was listed in the letter as a goal, not as a firm restart date.
The producers of Young and the Restless have been in contact with the team behind fellow CBS daytime drama The Bold and the Beautiful, which returned to production last Wednesday for one day before taking a break to work on testing protocols. Their experience is being used byYoung and the Restless producers as they are honing in on their own safety guidelines. (Both B&B and Y&R were created by William J. Bell and Lee Phillip, with Bell-Phillip Television producing B&B and Sony Pictures Television leading production on Y&R.)
The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful suspended production in mid-March amid an industrywide production shutdown due to the pandemic. Both series ran out of original episodes at the end of April and began airing repeats curated into theme weeks.
In January, CBS renewed The Young and the Restless for four more years, taking it through 2024. The series, now in its 47th season, is produced by Bell Dramatic Serial Company, in association with Sony Pictures Television. It airs weekdays from 12:30-1:30 PM, ET/11:30 AM-12:30 PM, PT.

Key Art Banner

And now, in the series of years that match the blog post number, here is 1977.

1977 was a big year in the world for music.

1977 was also a big year for me for music. I was 15. I discovered REAL rock 'n roll. Though I would discover every single album shown below eventually, I save the ones I was actually listening to for the end.

1977. My year of music. Much of which had en ever lasting effect. These albums are all among my favorites and most listened to.

1977 IN MUSIC

May 20: The Jam released their debut album In The City in 1977 ...

Fleetwood Mac to reissue 'Rumours' for 35th anniversary | NME

Steely Dan - Aja | Releases, Reviews, Credits | Discogs

The Ballad Of TV Violence (I'm by Cheap Trick | This Is My Jam

Elvis Costello's 1977 US Launch: The Inside Story | Best Classic Bands

David Bowie- Low Album Cover' Prints - | AllPosters.com

40 Albums That Changed Dance Music Forever | NME

The Clash - The Clash (2015, White Riot / Protex Blue , Vinyl ...

Automotive Album Art - The Off-Topic Lounge - Model Cars Magazine ...

Roger Waters: Animals coming to 5.1 Surround Sound | News ...


Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols (1997 ...


1977 U.K. Punk Box Set Out in June | Best Classic Bands

Queen – News of the World – Classic Music Review | altrockchick

Classic Album Sundays presents Television 'Marquee Moon' | Classic ...

Ramones: Rocket To Russia, €21.90

Talking Heads - Talking Heads: 77 (Vinyl) | Discogs

MEANWHILE... I WAS LISTENING TO...

From the Record Crate: Billy Joel - "The Stranger" (1977) | The ...

Electric Light Orchestra

Styx - The Grand Illusion | Releases | Discogs

Kansas - Point Of Know Return (1988, CD) | Discogs


Album Analysis | Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977






  • January – The world's first all-in-one home computer (keyboard/screen/tape storage), the Commodore PET, is demonstrated at the Consumer Electronics Show in Chicago.
  • January 1 – The Australian state of Queensland abolishes the inheritance tax.
  • January 3Apple Computer is incorporated.
  • January 6 – Record company EMI drops the controversial United Kingdom punk rock group the Sex Pistols.[1]
  • January 8Three bombs explode in Moscow within 37 minutes, killing seven. The bombings are attributed to an Armenian separatist group.

  • http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1977.html




    What Happened in 1977 Important News and Events, Key Technology and Popular Culture

    Star Wars opens in cinemas, first Apple II computers go on sale, TV Mini Series "Roots" is aired, First commercial flight Concord, Elvis Presley Dies at the age of 42, NASA space shuttle first test flight, UK Jubilee celebrations, Roman Polanski is arrested and Charged, Alaskan Oil Pipeline completed, New York City Blackout lasts for 25 hours Quebec adopts French as the official language. Jimmy Carter is elected as the President of United States . The precursor to the GPS system in use today is started by US Department of defense. Elvis Presley Dies from a heart attack aged 42. Jump To 1977 Fashion -- World Leaders -- 1977 Calendar -- Technology -- Cost Of Living -- Popular Culture -- Toys


    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    Reflect and connect.

    Have someone give you a kiss, and tell you that I love you, Mom.

    I miss you so very much, Mom.

    Talk to you soon, Mom.

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    - Days ago = 1841 days ago

    - Bloggery committed by chris tower - 2007.17 - 10:10

    NEW (written 1708.27 and 1907.04) NOTE on time: I am now in the same time zone as Google! So, when I post at 10:10 a.m. PDT to coincide with the time of your death, Mom, I am now actually posting late, so it's really 1:10 p.m. EDT. But I will continue to use the time stamp of 10:10 a.m. to remember the time of your death, Mom. I know this only matters to me, and to you, Mom. Dropped "Talk to you tomorrow, Mom" in the sign off on 1907.04. Should have done it sooner as this feature is no longer daily.

    Y&R logo

    No comments: